Anyone with EX35 that has oil seeping in these areas?

Discussion of Infiniti's amazing (and underrated) sport-luxury crossovers, the EX35 and EX37. For 2014, the EX series will be renamed QX50, in line with Ininfiit's new naming conventions.
AWGD8
Car: 2008 EX35 AWD JOURNEY

Car is already at 89k miles and before my extended warranty ended a couple of years ago,
I requested my Infiniti service dept to fix oil weep on the driver side camshaft cover.

They did fix it , but after a couple of years I’m seeing a wet liquid (not dripping wet) on the driver side top part of the oil pan. I tried to peek through the engine bay driver side and I noticed oil weep in these 2 areas (red arrows)

What could it possibly be? It doesn’t look like a camshaft cover seals since it is way lower than that.

Anyone has the same issue?

image bbcode

AWGD8

Went to my dealership service for this.
It’s a small rubber seal that runs through the dip stick towards the driver side front.

$500 to fix (labor included) 3-4 hours to fix.
Service adviser said it’s not bad and not losing oil or pressure. Since I do my oil change , just monitor that area in a few years and make sure it doesn’t get any oil drip. Not a biggie he said.

piSSko
Car: 2009 Infiniti EX35 AWD

Not sure I have it, hopefully I dont :)

Good news then, cause 500 bucks is a lot just to fix the rubber seal...

btw, talking about stillership prices, yesterday I called Infiniti to quote me for the differential oil flush. It end up 255 plus tax for labor and 45 plus tax for the oil. :wtf2:

AWGD8

piSSko wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:37 pm
Not sure I have it, hopefully I dont :)

Good news then, cause 500 bucks is a lot just to fix the rubber seal...

btw, talking about stillership prices, yesterday I called Infiniti to quote me for the differential oil flush. It end up 255 plus tax for labor and 45 plus tax for the oil. :wtf2:
$500 are mainly the labor cost, parts is probably like $20 in that calculations . LOL!

Differential oil is very easy to do if you have time.
Are you talking about the rear differential?
The trick is open the filler hole first before draining it. Why, don’t drain the oil if you can’t open the filler hole. Just to be safe. =)

piSSko
Car: 2009 Infiniti EX35 AWD

I end up going to some non-Infiniti mechanic. For 140 CAD he replaced oil in front and rear differential plus oil in the transfer case. The oil I got from Infiniti for 45 bucks.

Return to “Infiniti EX35 / EX37 and QX50 / QX55 Forum”