Anyone who has their J30 Manual or knows what these freakin lights mean!!!!!!!

General discussion forum for J30 and M30 owners!
Sarcastik
Car: 1995 Infiniti J30 (SOLD)
2008 Infiniti G37s

Problem #1Ok I took a picture of it cause its pissing me off it looks like the high beam light, but its red and its facing the other direction. I don't have my manual. It comes on when I turn on my lights at night or sometimes when I break during the day. At first I thought a bulb was out, but now I just don't know.

Problem #2My break pads went down to the metal about a month ago and the shop had to flip the rotors in order to get me in backin in good shape. Does the freakin car have a warning light in order to let me know when to get new pads or is my light broken? (AND YES, I thought the light above might be it, but even after I got the pads replaced it was still flashing)

Problem #3As if things aren't bad enough my airbag light is on!!!! It came on when they were installing the headrest tvs in my car. I had the guy run a toggle switch to turn the tvs on and off from under the steering wheel and when I got the car back it was flashing. I was dealing with some little ghetto *** install shop that had no intention on doing anything about it so I think I got screwed, but they said the airbags were fine and the computer just needed to be reset...any ideas?

NismoChi
Car: 94 J30

Q1,Are you aure you don't have any burn bulb anywhere, have someone hit the break and you go walk around the car and check again. In my case, my is on cause i have a corn light out, still out. If in fact they are all working , check and clean all bulbs's connection.Q2,"went down to the metal" and "flip the rotors in order to get me in backin in good shape," how??? I don't get it??and no the J doesn't have a sensor to tell you when to replace your pads.Q3,you can reset your airbag light yourself. Turn the key on, and press and release the driver door switch 10 times in 10 second or somthing. Something like that.zer...h.JPG

BTW nice J

CustomJ30
Car: Infiniti J30

I Think You May Have A Taillight Out.....Try Checking The Third Brake Light Also, There Are Three Bulbs For Mines And When One Went Out, The Light Came On.....Hope This Helps

Sarcastik
2008 Infiniti G37s

Ok, I'll keep looking. I think one of the side markers may be out come to think are those easy to get bulbs for? That kinda sucks thats the J don't have break pad sensors don't it? When I say I ran my pads to the metal I mean that I wore away my pads till there was damn near no pad left. It actually felt like metal on metal when I hit the break so I had to drive my car to the shop 3am in the morning when there were no other cars on the road so I wouldn't have to break that much. It sucked. I felt like had no warning before the went completely out cause earlier that day they were fine and all of a sudden they felt like ****.

Can anyone describe in any greater detail about resetting the airbag light cause this is something I need to asap that light really bugs me.

Also, if you were looking at the pics on car domain those are way outdated. I have since installed 3 tvs, dvd player, custom grill, I even have 2 12s and amp that I still aint got pics off, but everything is right here: http://www.sarcastik.com/j30

driverdriver
Car: NICO's longtime resident Canuck!!!

Use the search function for j30 airbag light. I believe Big Tone, one of our regular contributors had detailled instruction in a thread not too long ago.

If that doesn't do the trick, take it to a dealer. It's possible you have a more serious problem.

Big Tone
Car: 1993 Infiniti J30

I'll see if I can find it and will post a link here.

Big Tone

Here it is!:"Its possibly in diagnostic mode. Put the key in the ignition, turn it ON (engine not running), press the door switch (on the B pillar, below the latch) at least 10 times within 10 seconds of turnning on the ignition, and it should go off"

Here's a diagram of the B pillar Wes gave:

zer...h.JPG

So, you had LCDs installed in your headrests? Did they install brand new headrests with the screens preinstalled, or did they install the screens into your J headrests? I'm really interested in doing this and have a few questions if you would be so kind to entertain them!

First, if you had new headrests with preinstalled screens, do the headrests match the leather good? What brand are they?

Second, if they cut into your existing headrests, what size screens did they install? Please don't be offended by me posting these questions here. I've been trying to get these questions answered for about a month and have come up empty!

Thanks in advance and I hope those instructions and link help out with the airbag light. It worked for me like a charm.

Gerardjg
Car: 2007 Cobalt LS
2011 Hyundai Accent
2016 Kia Optima

Here is a link to down load an owners manual

http://www.nissan-techinfo.com...id=53

Sarcastik
2008 Infiniti G37s

Isn't that just freakin wonderful. They have some annoying *** warning light for if a freakin 50 cent bulb goes out, but if you are in dire need of a $250+ break job you gotta figure **** out on your own. How stupid is that? I just checked the car and I realized that one of my sidemarkers is out on the front do you think that could be it???

I tried that thing with the airbag light and I couldn't get it to work, but the thing I read said only 7 and it mentioned nothing about doing it in a certain amount of time so I will try it again when I get home. I have no problem answering your questions about the tvs cause like everyone else here I love my car. I got the tv upfront first and once you get one screen one just isn't a enough and you're dying to get more so the orginal plan was to get a dropdown in the celing because thats more cost effective, but as I was searching around for the cheapest price I found a shop in my area (they are closed down now) who did drop down screens installed for like 175 and headrest monitors for 350-450 depending on the size (so they actually cut my headrests and didn't an excellent job)...I was like oh **** I cant pass this up so I had to 5.6s mounted (I wanted 7s, but they wouldn't fit as well) for 400 when including the power inverter for playstation and a toggle switch to turn them off and on. To be honest they are some no name brand I think, but they work great. They had to put the toggle switch in because the on and off buttons made them too big to fit so they covered that over and mounted the switch under the steering wheel which I highly reccommend because it would be hassel to have to reach in the back and turn them on one at a time if I wanted to have them on anyway

Big Tone

Sarcastik wrote:Isn't that just freakin wonderful. They have some annoying *** warning light for if a freakin 50 cent bulb goes out, but if you are in dire need of a $250+ break job you gotta figure **** out on your own. How stupid is that? I just checked the car and I realized that one of my sidemarkers is out on the front do you think that could be it???

I tried that thing with the airbag light and I couldn't get it to work, but the thing I read said only 7 and it mentioned nothing about doing it in a certain amount of time so I will try it again when I get home. I have no problem answering your questions about the tvs cause like everyone else here I love my car. I got the tv upfront first and once you get one screen one just isn't a enough and you're dying to get more so the orginal plan was to get a dropdown in the celing because thats more cost effective, but as I was searching around for the cheapest price I found a shop in my area (they are closed down now) who did drop down screens installed for like 175 and headrest monitors for 350-450 depending on the size (so they actually cut my headrests and didn't an excellent job)...I was like oh **** I cant pass this up so I had to 5.6s mounted (I wanted 7s, but they wouldn't fit as well) for 400 when including the power inverter for playstation and a toggle switch to turn them off and on. To be honest they are some no name brand I think, but they work great. They had to put the toggle switch in because the on and off buttons made them too big to fit so they covered that over and mounted the switch under the steering wheel which I highly reccommend because it would be hassel to have to reach in the back and turn them on one at a time if I wanted to have them on anyway
So 5.6" was as big as you could go? Damn! I was hoping to go 7". At least I know I can get a good deal on some 5.6" screens from eBay. I found a site with instructions on how to install them yourself.

yodawill2000
Car: 94 Infiniti J30

my light lamp would go on and then off everytime I tuned the running or headlights on ..I had NO bulbs out ..It magically went away ..

My guess its reading the amp draw or something

Sarcastik
2008 Infiniti G37s

I got the airbag light to go off praise the lord!!! Thanks everyone. Yeah, to be honest I wouldn't go over 5.6's in any car and even most trucks simply because my dad has them in his porchea cyanne (sp.) and they look tacky cause they aren't a good fit. 5.6s don't feel small at all when you're actually back there. I am still trying to get that little red light to go off, I think it is one of my side markers, anyone know if they make sidemarker bulbs???

yodawill2000
Car: 94 Infiniti J30

you can get them at most any parts store .. standard type bulb .. easy to swap.

Return to “J30 Forum / M30 Forum”