anyone see a versa with the regular 4spd automatic?

General Discussion forum for Versa Owners
jbrocious

my fiance and I are looking to buy the versa, but i cant find one with the standard 4spd auto. If we can find a 1.8s with the auto and power options, it comes to about $2k less than the SL model. We are going to drive one with the CVT and see what we think, but Im concerned with its long term durability.

The SL package is awfully tempting though.... we are going from a loaded altima, to the Versa.

scottiem
Car: 2007 Blue Oynx Nissan Versa SL

I have an '07 SL Versa with the CVT and have no complaints. I'm old school when it comes to transmissions and had to get use to the CVT as it sounds like a transmission that is slipping when in actually it's not. As far as durability, if I'm not mistaken the CVT is in the Murano and haven't heard of any problems from them.

tedjamwell
Car: 2007 Versa SL CVT

The dealer I bought my SL from told me that Nissan may be putting the CVT into the base model also. Nissan may be shifting (pun intended) from the original idea of putting the 4 speed auto into the Versa. As to reliability, the CVT has fewer moving parts, and is being used to back up the 3.5 liter in the Maxima and Murano. I'm guessing it will last that much longer in the Versa considering it won't see nearly as much torque, load or horsepower.

MinisterofDOOM
Car: 1962 Corvair Monza
1961 Corvair Lakewood
1974 Unimog 404
1997 Pathfinder XE
2005 Lincoln LS8
Former:
1995 Q45t
1993 Maxima GXE
1995 Ranger XL 2.3
1984 Coupe DeVille

Exactly. It's been available as an option on the Murano for a few years now, and has just been made the only transmission option for the Maxima for '07. If it can take the VQ's torque, it's more than competent for the Versa.

Return to “Versa General Chat”