Anyone replace their rear sonar sensor?

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
bnwitt

Ok so has anyone replaced their rear sonar sensor? I am also noticing that when I am backing up to a wall in a parking garage sometimes the proximity beep sounds and sometimes it doesn't. Bad sensor maybe? Based on the system description at the site page below:

http://www.nissantechnicianinfo.mobi/ht ... Sonar.html

My system isn't even close to working correctly. I get an occasional single beep.
Last edited by Rogue One on Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Revise Title

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

If you're sure it has sonar (warts on the rear bumper) then you should probably get it scanned for codes, some MY's will warn you in the cluster if it's inop but some won't. Most stuff from '13 up has MOD (Moving Object Detection) even if it doesn't have sonar. MOD will give you a single beep, but it won't go off for a wall or garbage can, only something that's moving behind you like a car or pedestrian. The bumper warts mean a car has sonar, no warts means it only has MOD.

bnwitt

VStar650CL. No warts. I just did a walk and there aren't any. This 2017 SV does have RTCA and blind spot warning alert but no driver assist auto braking or anything like that. It does have the look around cameras system with one under each side mirror and one in the back liftgate. I'm not sure what kind of sensors are required for RTCA and BSW but I don't see any external sensors other than the cameras. I found a liftgate sensor on eBay:

https://www.ebay.com/p/19014783816?iid=283895032177

I'm assuming that is the sensor responsible for triggering the liftgate but I'm not sure what "brain" it connects to. Any idea which FSM chapter covers these sensors?

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

Topic split to create it's on thread. Please try to avoid thread hijacking.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

bnwitt wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:30 pm
I'm assuming that is the sensor responsible for triggering the liftgate but I'm not sure what "brain" it connects to. Any idea which FSM chapter covers these sensors?
No, the liftgate kick sensor is a third animal altogether, it's embedded in the rear under-cover and has its own brain. RCTA and BSW primarily use the side radars underneath your rear fenders coupled with the side and rear cameras, while MOD is purely optical using the cams alone. Neither system uses sonar. The beep you're hearing occasionally is probably MOD.

bnwitt

Rogue One wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:42 pm
Topic split to create it's on thread. Please try to avoid thread hijacking.
My questions were in a thread that was regarding the rear liftgate. It was an old thread I thought was relevant to my problem which is my rear liftgate is not operating. I didn't think I was hijacking anything and frankly don't like being accused of such. Why don't you just clear my registration and I'll find another forum which is not so pissy. Have nice day moderator.

Return to “Rogue Forum”