Anyone looking to install HID???

A forum for the Nissan Quest... minivan lovers unite!
alphaforcex
Car: '08 Quest SE

I want to install HID kit in the van but no one has ever discussed about it. Anyone else interested?

There is a discussion going on in the Odyssey board and it only costs $80 shipped (ebay) which is pretty good price. Wondering if anyone else is interested.

basskronick
Car: I drive a pontiac, and i love it, but i have nissan in my heart, I'm also the owner of a first gen q

I've never installed HID's on a Quest. I don't imagine they would be any different than any other vehicle. However, i will have to comment on the eBay kits, I've heard bad things about them. Here are a couple of other options www.ddmtuning.com www.xenon-hid-usa.com www.modexpress.com

basskronick
Car: I drive a pontiac, and i love it, but i have nissan in my heart, I'm also the owner of a first gen q

As for the installation, if you've never installed HID's before, most quality kits are plug and play. One of the most overlooked ideas however is to mount the ballasts under the lights to keep them concealed as well as out of the hot engine bay. Then you just find a place to mount the relay (any existing screw in the engine bay should be fine). Run the fused 12V leads to the battery, and affix the ground ring terminals to chassis ground. If the vehicle has a "grommet" or dust cover over the bulb, drill a hole in it large enough to accompany the wiring harness, plug the bulb in and install it into your housing. After that, reattach the housing to the body, and you're done. Hope this helps!!!!

alphaforcex
Car: '08 Quest SE

Thanks for the info!

basskronick

No problem, that's what we're here for!

hindude25
Car: 2006 Nissan Altima SE

hey uh i need some help installing my hid kit for my 06 altima. i dont know how i would approach installing it. there is no room for me to take out the bulb, mount the ballast, and put in the harness' on either side specially out of the driver side. if anyone reads this and knows a solution please email me @ [email protected] or post it here g i hope this aint too late.

LongBeachCoupe
Car: 08 Altima Coupe (RIP Hurricane Sandy)
2005 Lexus RX

basskronick

Thanks LBC, like i said, i'm not very familiar with the altima's engine bay.

Chris Mao

We are very glad to see your message!We’d like to tell something about us, As a prefessional and reliable HID manufacturer with reputation In China, We had taken up large market share depending on high quality , good after-sales service and competitve price.Firstly , we had became a good partner with EPE , TC-Philips and GE and set a long-term cooperation plan. Secondly , many electonical componets are imported from Japan.To reach highest quality is our final goal all the time. As for all products , they must not only passed ten tests ,like Salt mist test , matching ,drop , hign temperature, and anti-shock test., polarity protection test, 24hours six special old testing , connection circuit protection testm ,cold/warm boot test.And we provide 14 months warranty for all products which also passed fully inspection before shipment.You will find more advantages in price and quallity.And all products had got the international ISO9001-2000 quality system certification , European E-mark,ROHS , E13,TUV and CE approval.Let’s have our business from trial order. Please let us have your email address and MSN, so that we can serve you better next . Should you have any questions ,please feel free to contact us. We will provide you required information by soonest.Thank you very much!

Yours TrulyFactory:Guangzhou Feipu Sci-Technology Co., Ltd.Branch: Guangzhou Jent Trade Co.; Ltd.( with the right to export and import)Thanks& Best RegardsChris MaoTel: +86-020-61939888 ext.1066 cell phohp:008615989102414MSN: [email protected] , Email: [email protected] website: http://www.phohp.net or http://phohp.en.alibaba.comAddress:NO#6 Zhufen West Street, Shiqi Village, Shiqi Town, Panyu District,Guangzhou Guangdong Province,P.R.C.511450

Timmbo
Car: 2013 Infiniti JX35 AWD & 2013 Nissan Maxima Sport Pkg

You know everyone, another fantastic option for HID lights is to purchase the Sylvania Silverstar Ultras. I love them in my Armada, and yes, they are not true Xenons by any means, but they are very bright, not as bright as the Xenons in my '09 Murano, but pretty darn close, great deal for the price and you can get them at any auto parts retailer. Just my suggestion!

Return to “Quest Forum”