Anyone live near Whitman , MA?

A General Discussion forum for cars and other topics, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to NICO!
PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

I desperately need the V8 Pathfinder checked out:
https://www.autosalesexpressma.com/deta ... r/69596877

This is a V8 4x4 Grey Slate over charcoal interior, with Sunroof and Nav.
Its a bit high in the miles but IMO the price more than make up for that.
Pathfinder V8 4x4s are extremely hard to find.
And this one is even in the colors I want.
And not all of them come with Sunroof this one does.

CARFAX looks great too (Cali vehicle most its life, plugs already done).

I am still in Europe and of course it would not be prudent to buy such a hi mile carsight unseen over the phone.
(especially since I already own one nice Nissan SUV)
Salesmanager doesn't want to hold the car even with a deposit.

So back to the subject on hand..
Anyone near Whitman, MA ?

I will pay all your gas plus a fast food lunch, plus 50 dollars if you check it out for me.

PapaSmurf2k3
Site Admin
Car: 2017 Corvette, 2018 Focus ST, 1993 240sx truck KA Turbo.

What are you wanting to check out?
General test drive and rust?

PalmerWMD

Yes basically.
Also interior.
I care about interiors and those are so difficult to fix w/o incurring major risk (I dont like folks tearing into the dash)

But also I am interested in whether it has SMOD (check under the radiator cap for the strawberry milkshake look)
Or when driving listen to a rumblestrip effect from the tranny.

Actually the car is so well priced and so well equipped even if the tranny was broke it but everything else was perfect it might still almost be an acceptable deal for me.

I just want to know if there is anything major wrong with it, weird panels gaps, engine knock..

I once did a long distance deal like this with my 05 Xterra OffRoad Trim.
Which was one of the few available at the time.
But it was obvious once i drove home it needed to chase down various suspension issues that even at my sub retail cost still came out to nearly 2k.
Not counting the tons of cosmetic issues that (of course) were not evident from the pics.

If u r willing to do it lets talk on phone.

There is also a common issue with the Bose thats hard to explain but not always evident when looking at the car.

Basically set the correct time on the dash.
Leave the car running then turn off for a few minutes.
Then check if it still shows the time you put in or if it was back to counting down from the original time.
if it cant keep the time it means the capacitor inside is done.. which means it also wont remember new mpgs once the car is turned off, it wont remember station presets..
The last one is a PITA.
Imagine every single time you start the car your radio presets are set to a differnet part of the country.
of course the car is so well priced for what it is and is near perfect for what I was looking for.. shot of major engine or transmission or cosmetic effects it will be acceptable to me.
But I was a bit turned off by the sales guy I was talking to.
Not particularly courteous or willing to take even a substantial deposit for the vehicle to hold.
Plus the car is in MA which is a hassle.
Of course when I am back in the US I will have nothing BUT time for a couple of months.

PapaSmurf2k3
Site Admin
Car: 2017 Corvette, 2018 Focus ST, 1993 240sx truck KA Turbo.

I have a friend about an hour and 20 minutes away that could take a look. I'll shoot you his email.

PalmerWMD

Sent. : )

Thats a long drive one though to ask a stranger.. Ill definitely have to cough up some cash : )

Return to “General Chat”