Anyone know where to get a good deal on 01-02 Q45 headlight housings and lights?

A General Discussion forum for cars and other topics, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to NICO!
nighttrain

Hi I'm new to this forum, and forgive me if this is a rehashed topic...but..

Does Anyone know where to get a good deal on 01-02 Q45 headlight housings and lights?

I've heard quotes for about 850/per PAIR! =)

These are SO rare, but yet SO expensive as well.

IF you guys know a better price or discount place to get them..I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks.

Nighttrain.

p.s. OR if anyone's interested in sellinlg them

Jason B

Welcome to the board.

Do you mean these?

They came out for 2002:

What car are you trying to fit them on?

nighttrain

I'm trying to transplant it into a lexus.Do you know a good price, for a pair of these?

340HP

I've read that they're around $6000, but can't confirm for sure. You should call an Infiniti service center.

Ah, those headlights.. Still haven't seen anything as bright or focused as the Q lights. I love them.

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

Oh, the humanity...

nighttrain

Do any of you have any contacts to distributors...wholesalers?

jefftrexler
Car: 1991 Nissan Maxima

Sadly, I know someone with a black '96 Civic coupe that wants to install '02 Q45 headlights on it. :rolleyes :( For awhile I thought about getting just the HID gattling-gun reflector part and installing them in a set of JDM headlights. I've seen it done once in a VIP CAR magazine issue and it looked NICE. But now I've got something else in mind. :D

maxnix
Car: 1995 Infiniti Q45
1995 Infiniti Q45t
2000 Infiniti Q45

Am I missing something here? Infiniti headlights on a Lexus?

Why would one want to degrade Infiniti headlights so?

Wouldn't it just be easier to get the superior car in toto.

Jason B

With enough caulk, anything is possible.

More info here:

http://www7.plala.or.jp/soaristo/

I do remember these lights being INSANELY expensive. There was a Q owner on FA who got hit by an old lady and that one headlight was $$$.

nighttrain

Maxnix.

I concede the Q is a better car, but it's a sedan. I like coupes.The G35 coupe is coming, out..but I can't afford to buy that car and ALSO transplant these lights in it.

Since I already own my lexus coupe(SC400), transplanting, the most beautiful lights I've ever seen, into the best coupe I've ever owned is not that far of a stretch. I already have custom LED taillights in my car that outshine G35 leds and bimmer 7 series Leds. It's done cleanly and is no rice rocket.

After I get it done, I'll post pictures of the completed project and no that I didn't bastardize such a beautiful multi lense like that on the Q45

But can ANYONE name any dealers w/some good prices?

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

nighttrain wrote:Do any of you have any contacts to distributors...wholesalers?

Nighttrain:

The SC400 is a great car and well worthy of those headlights

As for wholesales stuff.

All members of this site are elibible for a discount at Infinti of scottsdale parts dept.Whose prices are substantially discounted below retail to begin with.

I think their website is infintiparts.com or such.Someone else will post Brian's and Joe's (the parts managers there) number soon I am sure.

Fred...:)

PS: For best response use Phone not email.

maxnix
Car: 1995 Infiniti Q45
1995 Infiniti Q45t
2000 Infiniti Q45

Hmmmm. Lots of metal work involved here.

I think the SC400 is pretty special as it is. You'll never get your money back, but you know that.

Surely there is an aftermarket JDM HID set-up?

nighttrain

Yeah, there are so many custom changes in my car..it would be impossible to get my money back. Cars are ALL about depreciation anyhow.

It's just a project car that I am getting to finally get it to look the way I like.=-)

Thanks for the Arizona contact. I'll contact his shortly.

In fact, all I need is that LENSE..just the mutli lense thing..not the entire housing. That HAS to be much cheaper

PalmerWMD

nighttrain wrote:In fact, all I need is that LENSE..just the mutli lense thing..not the entire housing. That HAS to be much cheaper

Yes, the lens would have to be much cheaper than the number bmentioned about before.

Be sure to keep us posted how it goes.

Fred...:)

greg_atlanta
Car: 2008 G35 Journey Sedan, silver/black (no sunroof), 1992 Q45 (in a past life)

The SC400 headlights are pretty flat, right? Wouldn't you have to reshape the entire bumper and hood, maybe fenders too?

:confused: :confused: :confused:

nighttrain

me and my installer have done some preliminary measurements and that multi lense WILL recess in the housing of the SC400.Just that the housing's projector and auxillary light will have to be gutted out.

I won't miss those at all.Should REALLY look interesting.

ALso I have already installed custom "angel_eyes" led rings similar to those on the 5 series bimmers.

So got the angel eyes...and multi lense for the front.

Clean smoked lens LED for the back already installed.

It WILL look clean. I wouldn't have it any other way. =0

PalmerWMD

Also check out "lislePm"s profile.

His Name is Tom and he is the parts manager for Infinti of Lisle, has just as good a rep for prices and performance as Infinti of Scottsdale.

Fred..:)

Q451990
Car: 1990 Q45 - 118K, 2022 Toyota 4 Runner, 2004 Frontier M/T - 108K, 2012 Xterra (Mom's), 2023 Rogue (Inlaws)

Where did you get your custon LED tail lights? I'd be interested in getting some for the Q... I've thought about building some myself - I've spent many hours researching the high flux LEDs used in the Cady systems. I'm thinking I'll have to add resistors to fool the brake lamp warning system.

Jeff mentioned the availibility of an 'O2 Q engine in this thread , so the car must be around somewhere... might also check with Autogator for used units - it's early for wrecked 2002 Q's but they'd be the first place to start.

Heath

nighttrain

I got my LEDs from clearcorners.comThe owner of the business is Mike Mamos

Tell em Michael w/the SC400 Leds referred you.

lonallenq45

nighttrain wrote:...ALso I have already installed custom "angel_eyes" led rings similar to those on the 5 series bimmers.

Where did you get these and how do they look (pics please)? I always liked these headlights on the 5-series. I would like that kind of an arrangement on my Q but not sure what it would take to replace the headlights with something custom made.

Q451990
Car: 1990 Q45 - 118K, 2022 Toyota 4 Runner, 2004 Frontier M/T - 108K, 2012 Xterra (Mom's), 2023 Rogue (Inlaws)

Michael,

Can you give me a ballpark estimate of what I might pay to have something like this done? I may try to do it myself - especially after I hear the price :)

Heath

nighttrain

Just call the guy Mike Mamos at clearcorners.com or email him. He'll give u the figure. I can't give u the numbers cuz they are very diff cars.

It's probably not going to be cheap. This is top of the line, next generation stuff.

You get what you pay for I guess.

Sorry..I couldn't help much more

Michael

nighttrain

http://www.clearcorners.com/pr...ings/

Lon...u can check out an example of the LED angel eyes in this link. This was done for a 240 SX.

IT's a nice set up.

Jason B

I wonder if the gatling part of the heads you are getting come with the motorized part?

In the Q, you can move the lenses up an down electronically from a control knob inside the cabin:

See these short videos:

http://www.burtmanindustries.c...j.mpg

http://www.burtmanindustries.c...e.mpg

tomgo13
Car: racing

Here are the headlight assys for the 2002 Q.http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...48636

Jason B

I'd be a little weary of these from the description:

INFINITI Q45 LEFT AND RIGHT SIDE *WITHOUT BULBS OR BALLASTS. THIS IS THE ACTUAL PICTURE OF THE LEFT HEADLIGHT WITH NICE PROJECTOR.It would be a great replacement part at this price. Right side headlight has a broken and missing top tab.Every effort will be made to accurately describe all property offered for bid. However, all items are offered for sale on a "AS-IS" basis with no warranty or guarantee as to its fitness for any use or purpose offered or implied. Please note all sales are FINAL!

tomgo13
Car: racing

Ha, Just thought i would "help" him install those infiniti lights into his Lexus!

Jberger

Actually, I hope you find a way to make em work. I've been seriously considering changing the "barndoors" on my Miata to the Gun Design.

I always assumed the gun section was for high beams, are the HID bulbs in the new Q dual fillament High/Low?

Jason B

There are a top row of two lenses, a middle row of three lenses and a bottom row of two lenses. The top row acts as fog lights, the middle three are regular beams and the two lower lenses provide greater width to the beam. The beam is bright without blinding oncoming drivers.

The high beams are the far left single reflector. There are no hids's for the high beams. I rarely ever need to use the high beams believe it or not.

Return to “General Chat”