Anyone know of a site that graphs depreciation on Infiniti?

A general discussion forum for G35 and G37 owners and a great place to introduce yourself to the NICOclub G-Series Forums!
iCapture
Car: 2011 G37S

Wondering if there are sites out there that graph the depreciation of new vehicles.

My G37S has dropped in value like a hot stone through snow and I bought mine used from a private party! I can only imagine the depreciation new from a stealership.

I buy pretty much everything used and often in a distressed condition, which allows me to improve it and sell for near or more than I purchased it for (I've done this with almost all previous vehicles.) So seeing the value of something I bought drop by almost half in only 3 years is a lesson in life to say the least. Education is expensive.

Buying a vehicle new seems to me an exercise in masochism.

$tarter
Car: 2011 G37S sedan 6sp

You are correct if you turn a car over every few years. Buying a vehicle new isn't a bad idea if you keep it long enough. Leasing a new car is the real waste of money, the only time that works is if you are able to deduct it from taxes because of business use. I buy new and keep between eight & twelve years. I get the benefit of the factory warranty and the accurate knowledge of how the car was maintained and used. Of course I also pay cash for the car when I buy it, no financing. That works out because the current return on that money, had I invested it, is less than the interest I would have had to pay on a car loan. Be smart with your money folks. Cars are never an investment. They are always a cost center.

audtatious
Car: 2017 Q60 Red Sport. Gone: 2014 Q50s, 2008 G37s coupe, 2007 G35s Sedan, 2002 Maxima SE, 2000 Villager Estate (Quest), 1998 Quest, 1996 Sentra GXE

There is stuff out there, you just have to do some searches

http://www.blackbook.com/wp-content/upl ... Report.pdf

iCapture

$tarter wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:29 am
You are correct if you turn a car over every few years. Buying a vehicle new isn't a bad idea if you keep it long enough. Leasing a new car is the real waste of money, the only time that works is if you are able to deduct it from taxes because of business use. I buy new and keep between eight & twelve years. I get the benefit of the factory warranty and the accurate knowledge of how the car was maintained and used. Of course I also pay cash for the car when I buy it, no financing. That works out because the current return on that money, had I invested it, is less than the interest I would have had to pay on a car loan. Be smart with your money folks. Cars are never an investment. They are always a cost center.
Well that's another thing. I also bought this car cash.

I guess I'm just blown away by the absolute waste of money new-ish cars are. I can't imagine financing a new car at a poor rate, and then paying the minimum every month. Mind boggling how much money people throw away every month.

Lesson I learned.

iCapture

audtatious wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:27 pm

Wow, thank you! I love market reports like this!

8.4% loss on 2011 vehicles. I want to be making 8.4% on my money!

DurableOilAMSOIL

audtatious wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:27 pm

Awesome report! Did you sign up fir the Black Book membership in order to get it?

Return to “G35 and G37 General Discussions”