Anyone know of a EJ20 swap'd 510 (STI motor)

Discussion forum for the venerable 510, and its non-US counterparts, the Datsun 1600 and Bluebird.
iCapture
Car: 2011 G37S

Sure there are gonna be poeple out there that will frown on a swap such as this. But frankly I could care less. I used to own an STI and every time I heard that exhaust note my jeans would get tighter.

Currently I am installing an SR into a Z, and having a blast doing the fabrication needed to get that going. And while I work on that girl I am constantly thinking about my next project and what I would like to do.

I know someone threw an EJ20 into a VW bug, but I've never seen one in a dime.

thisisthenewsic

its been argued that the engine doesnt fit.but there someone i have found(lost the link) who swapped one into his 510

he cut holes in the fender well to accomidate changing spark plugs.its probaly be easier to just cut the strut towers and make them yourself with tubing to deal with clearance. but it has been done.

i used to own an sti and i wanted to do that in my 510 but its to much of a hassle to deal with. when a built ka can hold more power than the cost to swap in a stock usdm ej20

Return to “Datsun 510 / Bluebird”