Anyone know how to weld??

ONLY for ADVANCED technical discussion about the 240sx!
Mustangs_Suck

**** I NEED A WELDER bad!! i live in milwaukee wisconsin, anyone know how to weld structural stuff here? I need both my strut towers welded..and i am NOT paying 2,000 dollars for that ****. that's just nuts. I will pay you handsomely though if you do it :) .

So...anyone????

cnichols
Car: 96 Nissan 240SX, 99 Infiniti Q45, 93 Ford Fastiva

Unless you need the work done immediately, try to find a class and learn yourself. I'm sure it would come in handy down the road. I plan on doing it if I ever find the time since I work for a Welding Supply Store and have access to any of the materials I would need.

MaineExport
Car: Quad racing, import cars and Trucks. Hunting, fishing whatever.

Hey... perfect time to rip out the strut towers and built an aluminum alloy tubular sub-frame and mount the suspension to that!! Lighten up the front a little.

By the way, you haven't got that car up and running yet.. !! I want to hear how it goes.. like I said on the old boards, it certainly looked like it hauled @$$ when it was here in Maine.. it would be nice to hear some track times!!!

Mustangs_Suck

Well if i get a job, i just talked everything out wth Dauntless and i'm gonna just swap all the parts over into a new body and use that. I CAN'T let this thing go to the junk yard..like you said..it hauled a**..and i want to be doing that again with it :)

M.S.

Mike09

do you have to weld the strut tower bars in place when you put after market ones on?

Return to “240SX Technical Forum”