anyone know how to switch adaptive cruise control to normal?

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
markboss
Car: Infiniti M35

anyone know how to switch adaptive cruise control to normal cruise control?
adaptive cruise control is good, but it keeps long distance even lots of car cut in front of u

ColoJoe
Car: 2009 M45X, everything (stock) except for rear DVD screens

Press and hold the cruise button about 3 seconds to turn off the adaptive cruise. You can also change the distance sensitivity in adaptive mode - look for a steering wheel button on the right hand side just below the cancel button - it will have three dots on it of different sizes. toggle thru this; the fewer dots the closer adaptive will let you get.

The00Dustin
Car: 2006 M45

You can't "switch" from adaptive to regular (on the 06-07 model at least). You do what ColoJoe said, but from the cruise off position, not the cruise on in adaptive position.

SmoovC
Car: '06 M45 Premium, Brakemotive, H-Techs, KYB's, USA-Spec PA15-INFI w/ BT streaming, Kuda cell mount, Magnaflow exhaust. (CAR SOLD)

Current: 2012 M56S, Harbour Blue, 4 pc Aero Kit

Straight from the 2006 Infiniti M45 Owner's manual:

To turn on the conventional (fixed speed) cruise control mode, push and hold the MAIN switch for longer than about 1.5 seconds. When pushing the MAIN switch on, the Intelligent Cruise Control system display and the CRUISE indicator light (Green) in the instrument cluster come on. After you hold the MAIN switch on for longer than about 1.5 seconds, the Intelligent Cruise Control system display goes out. The CRUISE indicator stays lit. You can now set your desired cruising speed. Pushing the MAIN switch again will turn the system completely off.

When the ignition switch is pushed to the LOCK position, the system is also automatically turned off. To use the Intelligent Cruise Control again, quickly push and release the MAIN switch (vehicle-to-vehicle distance control mode) or push and hold it (conventional cruise control mode) again to turn it on.

EniGmA1987
Car: '06 Infiniti M35 Sport

The00Dustin wrote:You can't "switch" from adaptive to regular (on the 06-07 model at least). You do what ColoJoe said, but from the cruise off position, not the cruise on in adaptive position.
Um, yes you can? I have an 06 and mine can.

Also, welcome to the forums ColoJoe :biggrin:

ColoJoe
Car: 2009 M45X, everything (stock) except for rear DVD screens

Thanks, Enigma, glad to be here.
- Joe

The00Dustin
Car: 2006 M45

EniGmA1987 wrote:
The00Dustin wrote:You can't "switch" from adaptive to regular (on the 06-07 model at least). You do what ColoJoe said, but from the cruise off position, not the cruise on in adaptive position.
Um, yes you can? I have an 06 and mine can.
OK, since tit would appear that two people think I am wrong and have corrected me (unless Enigma was posting from the manual only to help the OP and not based on previous posts), let me rephrase (I thought quotes around switch and stating that ColoJoe was otherwise right would make it obvious enough). When I turn on ICC and then subsequently press and hold the on/off button (after releasing it to ICC mode), nothing will happen if I hold it for all eternity. I have to turn off ICC and then press and hold the button. Yes, it shows like it's in ICC mode, but I can't use ICC mode while I'm holding the button for 3 seconds or whatever it takes for the ICC display and functionality to go away. Personally, I wouldn't call that switching. I'd like to switch back and forth on the fly and cannot.

myother45isalesbaer
Car: 2004 M45 Q70 awd,4.5

Oh just poop on the adaptive and regular cruise. Unless you are doing some major miles in open road country who needs either? Drive the dang car already and don't trust all the latest electronic gadgets. If you want someone else or the car to tell you what to do fly an airliner or take a train. These are driver machines. Personally I hate turning on the cruise, I have to watch it more carefully than just sticking my foot on the gas pedal and doing what I want. I find playing with the cruise takes my focus off of driving. My OP.

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”