anyone know how to fix the clunking noise in an 02 altima?

A General Discussion forum for Altima owners, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to the NICOclub Altima Forums!
garthog
Car: 2002 nissan altima 2.5s (Full Stillen Exhaust, Stillen QR-Pro, Upgraded E.C.U., Stillen High-Flow in

i have a clunking noise in my front suspension and am afraid something will break. i don't want to spend the money taking it to nissan so i was wondering if anyone else has experienced or fixed this.

Euroed
Car: 2004 Altima 2.5 SL

Experienced this on my 04. It was a clunk over very small bumps in the road, not when entering driveways or such. The clunk was in the front end and the Nissan dealer determined it was the passenger side strut. They replaced both and the noise stopped. I made a fuss about the lack of wear and they covered the cost, otherwise it would have been $800.00 CDN. Not much help, but perhaps you can find a cheaper fix if this is the problem.

Lazyron007
Car: Nissan Altima 2.5S

i have the same problem in my 03 Altima. Except it's very sparatic and it only happens when i turn to the left. Makes no sense.

garthog
Car: 2002 nissan altima 2.5s (Full Stillen Exhaust, Stillen QR-Pro, Upgraded E.C.U., Stillen High-Flow in

i just had all the shocks and struts replaced like 2 weeks ago. i thought that would fix it but i definately didn't.

Euroed
Car: 2004 Altima 2.5 SL

One last suggestion, have you had the brakes serviced? Perhaps they are rattling in the sliders? Might not be it, but if it is, it is cheap enough to fix. Good Luck.

Return to “Altima General Discussions”