anyone into metal detecting??

Hiking, fishing, hunting, boating, biking, travel and recreation-related discussion forum
Axel Grungy
Car: 2001 G20 5spd

this spring/summer i will probably be getting into it. Seems like a great way to get the hell outta the house and get some fresh air and find some cool stuff. Ive been snooping around trying to find a starter detector, lets say under 300.

i will probably be getting a Garrett ace 250, ive read on alot of forums its perfect for beginners (me)http://www.metaldetectors.com/...bar=a

if anyone else knows anything better chime in.

Slipstream
Car: '94 Sonoma, '90 300zx n/a

My uncle has always been into it. Him and his wife run a antique/second hand shop in Alabama. He use to hit the beach every chance he got to comb the water edge. I personally saw him find a ruby and diamond ring that appraised ofr over $700. So, if you find the right stuff it can pan out.

Axel Grungy
Car: 2001 G20 5spd

im mainly want to get into just cuz it sounds fun. And you have the potential to find some loot. Itd be fun to find civil war relics and whatnot, too bad i dont live in the south.

Mr1der
Car: It's still not a Nissan...

take a road trip.

you gotta be careful about that though...make sure it's legal to dig up stuff on the land.

Kiyoshikun

Haha yeah don't find yourself getting in trouble for digging on someone's land x_x

tnice17

good luck to who ever does it

Return to “The Great Outdoors”