Anyone here like rap?

Musicians and music-related topics are all right here in the Music Room.
AdamG

Living near Atlanta, it has influenced me.

I like Soulja Boy and other stuff I can dance to.

What are some of your fav. songs?

DeXteR
Car: 14 Titan Pro4X
05 Xterra OR
92 300ZX Slicktop
94 Sentra RS Rally Car

not really a fan.

i do like some of the cross-over stuff and some hip-hop.

the only "rap"-style stuff i listen to are:linkin parkred hot chilli peppersademathree melancholy gypsiesjurassic 5fort minor

Shift_Alabama
Car: 1996 Mustang GT

Hell yeah I like rap!Some of my favorites:Lil Wayne (the best)Three-Six MafiaGorilla ZoeBirdmanYung JocSwizz BeatzLil BoosieDem Franchize BoysMike Jones

I like mostly southern rap. The NY stuff and the Cali/West Coast stuff is alright, but nothing compares to tha dirty dirty!

Jiggyfry

Im REALLY picky when it comes to "rap music"

I like A Tribe Called QuestJurassic 5Buck 65 Run DMC

I dig the old school sound and the "story-telling" type songs. Modern rap is for the most part crap, mainstream merde.

Shift_Alabama

I like alot of the newer rap solely because it has good bass lines and tweet. Lil Wayne is an exception because of his unexpected and sometimes off the wall rhyming, at least IMO.

adrianfromthecastle
Car: 1992 Nissan 240sx

^^ Lil wayne imo is probably one of the greatest rappers around.... i mean, his creativity and imagination with his lyrics is insane. with that being said..

I've alway been a huge Nas fan, and anything west west (cept that bay area rap, i can't stand that hyphy sh1t)

iwantans13
Car: Lamborghini Diablo VT

Nas, Twista, Gangstarr, Easy E. Thats IT though.

PantherRacer
Car: 1992 Nissan Skyline R32 RB20DET Sedan

adrians_s13 wrote:^^ Lil wayne imo is probably one of the greatest rappers around.... i mean, his creativity and imagination with his lyrics is insane. with that being said..

I've alway been a huge Nas fan, and anything west west (cept that bay area rap, i can't stand that hyphy sh1t)
there we go!but, e-40's hyphy songs are cool wit me, the ones I hear at least.

tjmhillz
Car: 2001 Turbo Lexus IS300

the durty durty is where its at... most of all the good songs come from the A! (atlanta for those who dont knw)

Slipstream
Car: '94 Sonoma, '90 300zx n/a

Not to start an argument, but I can't stand anything from atlanta anymore. One hit wonders of a 2-step dance or snapping fingers. 20% lyrics and 80% hook is all the songs are.

I like the more traditional types, Nas, WC, Ice Cube, Scarface, Gangstarr.

BMAR240SX
Car: 1993 240sx Coupe

Slipstream wrote:Not to start an argument, but I can't stand anything from atlanta anymore. One hit wonders of a 2-step dance or snapping fingers. 20% lyrics and 80% hook is all the songs are.

I like the more traditional types, Nas, WC, Ice Cube, Scarface, Gangstarr.
Honestly thats the New Trend society is to lazy to listen to lyrics, so what do you do throw a pretty damn hook for them to remember, Think of 50 Cent he came about with it pretty hard, everyone and there mother knew his songs just cause of his hook.

I like some of the South songs, I hate Lil Wayne, yea his songs are good but its just his first yr being good, you cant give him all the credit in the world. My Favorite Rappers Jay-Z, Nas, Lupe Fiasco, The Roots and Snoop

BMAR240SX

I dont know either Rumor is someone is writting Mr.Weezyy's songs

SEV6
Car: Tu madre es facile

BMAR240SX wrote:I dont know either Rumor is someone is writting Mr.Weezyy's songs
Actually he had someone ghostwrite for him and lately he's been doin his own stuff....I reaaalllly don't like Lil Wayne

As far as my taste goes it's mostly G-Unit or anybody on Aftermath for that matter then Snoop, Ludacris, T.I.

Moszczyensky
Car: 1994 Nissan 300zxtt

not to make any one angry but i hate almost all the rap that is heard on the radio today . Its almost all about freakin big wheels or something and has no real meaning. Anyway I like Immortal technique, Atmosphere, and Cormega just to name a few. I also like foreign hip hop, Admiral T, Sniper, Seryoga, and NTL.

themadscientist
Car: R32 GTR, DR30 RS Turbo, BRZ, Lunchbox, NSR50 Sportster 883 Iron
Location: Staring down at you with disdain from the spooky mountaintop castle.

I got 30s on the escalade

I got guns

my boyz got guns

did I mention I have 30s?

that girl has a big azz, I like that

Somebody write me a hook, east sides in the house, far east side.

The crap on the radio is just that. I click it off and keep the CD player loaded with PE, Gangstarr, Beasties, NWA etc.

greatcountysky

I like old school rap - back when rap was ABOUT something other than bishez, hos, escalades, and chrystal. I can't stand rap now - it's garbage. I'm talking about mainstream rap. There are still some good rappers nowadays like Jay Z, Kanye West, Deltron 2020, etc. The MTV stuff though is just ****. It's all about who can have the biggest ego now and it perpetuates bad stereotypes about African American culture.

~Jarred~used boat sale

Shift_Alabama

I've discovered that alot of the mainstream rappers have much better mixtapes than actual CDs. Especially Lil Wayne. D/L one of his mixtapes (one of the good ones) and you'll never wanna listen to anything he puts on his CDs.

adrianfromthecastle

Shift_Alabama

meh, not enough tweet and bass...mainly not enough bass. that can make or break a song for me.

redtop91
Car: ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A Start

Pretty much any new rap I hate. Contrary to popular belief, southern rap has never been hot in my opinion, barring the old school Outkast. I love Blackstar, Gangstarr (Full Clip: A Decade of Gangstarr is one of my most prized possessions), Scarface, but most of my favorites go back to the 80's. Eric B. And Rakim, De La Soul, EPMD, Kurtis Blow, Stetsasonic. Man I could go on for days. Lupe Fiasco is amazing though. I'm loving his new CD. Definitely a must buy for the few people who know real rap outside of the garbage coming out of the south these days.

Shift_Alabama

I like the beats mainly. With exception to a few talented rappers (IMO) that can actually carry a decent flow. Also the attitude associated with what they talk about is pretty cool. The drug world has influenced most rappers and I think a lot of people (including me) can identify with that. It's just tight when someone is singing about the exact same sh*t you do and putting a mean beat behind it.

cmfireman
Car: '96 Nissan S14 SE

OK, generally speaking, I'm a rap bashing hater of all things generated solely to make a profit, and hate bands that aren't talented enough to play their own instruments.

With that said, I've been listening to Lupe Fiasco and the new Jay-Z albums, and I'm liking what I'm hearing. Jay-Z has the big band 1930's "swing" music in the background of some tracks, and some very talented female vocalists.

Lupe seems to be fairly intelligent and likes to bash the modern rappers with nothing but a "hook" and some careless lyrics. I think he may be the start of some mainstream hip hop talent that will bring us out of this hole that is catering to nothing but D's and hoes.

adrianfromthecastle

Lupe's a poser. How are you gonna make an album on skateboarding when you don't skateboard? Its just as bad as hearing people talk about having a hard life in the hood when they know they didn't. TK had the right idea... LOL. Its too bad Pharrell didn't want him starting beef.

BMAR240SX

He really doesnt skate or is it just that he doesnt skate everyday like any other person would as a sport?

adrianfromthecastle

BMAR240SX wrote:He really doesnt skate or is it just that he doesnt skate everyday like any other person would as a sport?
well, according to him, he's not good at skating, or not even close to good. But he wanted to make a rap about it. LOL. That was his response to everyone baggin on him about it.

I see it as this: skateboarding has now become as mainstream as it gets, with sh1t like Rob and Big, life of Ryan, and whatever BS they toss on MTV... it's now a scene... in which I think Lupe's tryin to cash out on. and because of that, he loses my respect (esp. cuz I used to skateboard more than everyday, I can't now though cuz of school and work ).

Besides, how many real skateboarders listen to rap or anything intended for skateboarding? When I used to skateboard, I listened to stuff that really hyped me up to go skate! Gangsta rap, hip hop, indie, new wave, electronica, or whatever I'm in the mood for. I'm not gonna open Limewire and type in the search field "skateboarding music"

BMAR240SX

Yea he did pull it off with that song, it is the only song of skateboarding that he has done. His music is pretty impressive to me. He is a story teller and lyrically wise he does a better job then most rapper's. I enjoy his music alot.

BMAR240SX

Cant knock him he isnt tryin to cash out on it for the fact that his album Food & Liquor came out before rob and big premiered on tv or that other show.

He dedicates the song to skateboarders and just tell's a story which is motivational (in my eyes) nothing more.

I feel you about searching for skateboarding music lol, but you got to think about it like this with the big trend/movement of sb's and all that and people skating, what dont people listen to now, its mixed race and etc.

adrianfromthecastle

haha..

maybe I'm just a hater, LOL

honestly, I haven't heard too much of his stuff... so my .02 really doesnt count.

anywayz...

Nas is Like... brought to you by DJ Premierhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7nu9UeodZ0

adrianfromthecastle

Shook ones- Mobb Deep straight outa high school, LOLhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeuEGr_UTzg

BMAR240SX

adrians_s13 wrote:haha..

maybe I'm just a hater, LOL

honestly, I haven't heard too much of his stuff... so my .02 really doesnt count.

anywayz...

Nas is Like... brought to you by DJ Premierhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7nu9UeodZ0
adrians_s13 wrote:Shook ones- Mobb Deep straight outa high school, LOLhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeuEGr_UTzg
That can be the case lol and both of those guy's are great artist especially nas

Return to “The Music Room”