Anyone Here Have A 2010 Cube?

Home of the Nissan Cube forum and CubeDriver.com
jyroflux
Car: 2009 Nissan Cube 1.8 SL

I've been wondering about the 2010 CD Player/Radio. Is it any good or does it pale in comparison to what's available third party. Are there any other noticeable differences from the 2009? Sadly, the Nissan site is not that great for getting detailed info.

Promise Land
Car: 2011 Nissan Versa
2001 Chevy Suburban
1992 Ford Mustang

the best I can make out is the 2010 is the same as the 2009 unless you step up to a chrome edition with the LCD screen. The CD is decent, but not setting the world on fire. It has better features than my Versa.

D3stro

But still, it suck that, in 2010 mp3 player are not a standard... Some other cars company offer this but not nissan.

CubeRich
Car: 2010 Cube 18.S

I'm not sure if the headunits themselves have changed from 2009 to 2010, but their were significant differences in some of the stereo extras from 2009 to 2010...

Base- 2 speaker stereo, no bluetooth, no steering wheel controls
1.8S- 4 speaker stereo, no bluetooth, no steering wheel controls (not sure if iPod was included or even optional)
1.8SL- 6 Speaker stereo, bluetooth optional, steering wheel controls included, iPod hookup included
Krom- 6 Speaker stereo, bluetooth included, steering wheel controls included (not sure if the rockford system is stock on the krom),iPod hookup included

Base- 4 Speaker stereo system, no bluetooth, no steering wheel controls
1.8S- 6 Speaker stereo system, bluetooth included, steering wheel controls included, iPod hook up included
1.8SL- 6 Speaker stereo system, bluetooth included, steering wheel controls included, iPod hookup included
Krom- 6 Speaker stereo system, bluetooth included, steering wheel controls included (not sure if the rockford system is stock on the krom), iPod hookup included

I'm not sure if this is 100% accurate, because I don't have my 2009 and 2010 brochures here at home, they are at work... but I think its at least 90% correct. The additional features added to the 1.8S are why I waited to get a 2010 1.8S, instead of getting a discount on the 2009. I really wanted the 6 Speed, but also wanted the steering wheel controls and 6 speaker stereo.

Compared to what's available from the third party... I don't think the Stock HU can even compare. It's not bad, but it won't wow you at all. I've swapped to a Clarion DVD/Nav unit and the sound is significantly improved, even with the stock speakers, plus I have DVD playback, Navigation, built in Sirius, and touch screen control of my iPod.

jyroflux
Car: 2009 Nissan Cube 1.8 SL

Thanks for the reply CubeRich. I know I should go check one out at the dealer, but salesmen get on my nerves. :biggrin:

CubeRich
Car: 2010 Cube 18.S

jyroflux wrote:Thanks for the reply CubeRich. I know I should go check one out at the dealer, but salesmen get on my nerves. :biggrin:
Yea... I know the feeling.

chompsticks
Car: Cube Krom

ipod hookup is different between the years... ad a backup camera as the upgraded option...

PopularZero
Car: 2010 Nissan Cube Krōm

I own a 2010 Cube. I got the Krom, and love it. I originally test drove a 2009 Cube in February which sealed the deal on buying a cube, but not before I got back from my vacation to Japan. I get back from Japan last month, and get ready to buy one and the 2010 model is out nearly the same price, but now with a backup camera, and ipod integration that uses a standard ipod USB cable. Everything else is pretty much the same so I bought it. I like the new head unit with the screen same as what most 2009 and 2010 Japanese models seemed to have from the factory. Head unit doesn't have Nav or DVD, but certainly does the trick especially if you have Nav on your phone, and as a driver don't about a DVD head unit since you can't watch while you drive anyway.

Return to “Cube Forum”