Anyone here bought an FX50 lately? Mid-2020

A forum for lovers of Infiniti's hot-rod crossover, the FX! In 2014, all FX models will be named Infiniti QX70, in line with Infiniti's new naming structure.
EdBwoy

This might be a slight reach, but here's the deal. I have been very leisurely looking at FXs over the past couple of years and recently found one that caught my eye.

This specific FX is in Meridian, Mississippi. However, I have reached out to the presumable seller by all 3 conventional means and have had no response: text, call (+ voicemail) as well as email.

2013 FX50S
Black ext/black int
154K miles declared

Is there any chance the seller or even new owner is on this forum? I wanted to make a final attempt at getting in touch with whomever owns the car. Maybe it's already sold and the lister just hasn't bothered to take the ad down?

Either way, I hope everyone is OK.

Jlrobe80
Car: Infiniti M56 Sport

I own a 2009 FX50s. Its been a tremendous vehicle. Good power but not as powerful as my M56. It handles very well for an SUV. I hope you get your hands on one. I've watched your YouTube post for years regarding the M56. I'd love to swap the 5.0 with the 5.6. More power and better fuel economy due to the 5.6 being direct injection. The 5.0 is a rare and special engine though that has racing roots. Maybe a rear mounted twin turbo with get me the power I'd like to see.

Jlrobe80
Car: Infiniti M56 Sport

Keep posting those great vids!

EdBwoy

Thanks Jlrobe80!

I have studied so much of the FX, and I get more and more excited to get my hands on one. In reality, I just want the VK50VE engine to play with, so even if I got a high mileage FX I'd be happy. I had a line on an engine after someone was swapping his damaged one out, but communication just dropped.

I still have and intend to keep the M56s, but before we work out some kinks or some bottlenecks on that engine, playing with the FX50 engine seems like an easier target for my engine swaps.

Dzionassi
Car: 2017 Infiniti QX50

EdBwoy wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 12:15 pm
Thanks Jlrobe80!

I have studied so much of the FX, and I get more and more excited to get my hands on one. In reality, I just want the VK50VE engine to play with, so even if I got a high mileage FX I'd be happy. I had a line on an engine after someone was swapping his damaged one out, but communication just dropped.

I still have and intend to keep the M56s, but before we work out some kinks or some bottlenecks on that engine, playing with the FX50 engine seems like an easier target for my engine swaps.
Are you doing any treatments for your m56 to fight carbon build up on intake valves?

EdBwoy

Dzionassi wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:15 pm
Are you doing any treatments for your m56 to fight carbon build up on intake valves?
I don't use any chemical cleaners or additives; I am leaning towards walnut blasting. Things have been moving a lot slower than I would have liked, but I wanted to design an adapter for the engine.
Long term, I would like a dual injection system but I haven't gathered enough empirical data to support the idea yet.

EdBwoy

A 2021 update.

I did finally get my hands on an FX50. It's a 2009, sport model with tech package...and I bought it with approx 207,xxx miles.

I love it. My vehicle buying habits are not conventional, but I really wanted to get a higher mileage FX, and I'm happy with my purchase.

DenisMcG
Car: 2009 Infiniti FX50

That is great, congrats. I have an 09 FX50 with tech package (non sport). I normally only last about two years with cars until I get bored and move on to something else. I am at 2.5 years with the 50 and don't see moving on for quite some time. It really is a great vehicle.

EdBwoy

Thanks Denis. I usually switched cars pretty often, but I think the FX might hang around for a while. In fact, I will be buying a bunch of parts to refresh it soon, starting with the suspension.

Return to “Infiniti FX35 / FX45 / FX37 / FX50 / QX70 Forum”