Anyone having problems with this importer (Nissmo)

A General Discussion forum for cars and other topics, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to NICO!
scothaniel

Just wondering if anyone here is having any problems with a company called Nissmo Used Japanese Engines out of Florida?

Back on March 9th I ordered a Celica GT4 clip through them. Right after I placed this order, I was told that the credit card company that he uses rejected my card because it was stolen (which it wasn't), even though the funds were charged to my account! I then made my first mistake and sent them a wire transfer for the clip. I know that was stupid because there is no protection on a wire transfer, but my engine was blown and I needed to get back on the road.

From there I was given numerous excuses on why my clip had not arrived; I was told that they were having problems communicating to their contacts in Japan, that there was a long wait to get through US Customs, and that the clip was stuck behind several other clips and they just couldn't get to it ( I was told that for 2 weeks!).

In the begining of May I was told that they finally got to the clip, but it was the wrong one! It was an Automatic instead of a Manual trans., which was never offered on this car!

At that point I was told that he had already called Japan and ordered another one for me. I knew someone who was selling a GT4 trans, so I thought I might take the Auto and just make due. I asked for pictures of the clip, but I never recieved any.

3 more weeks went by and I decided to give up. I asked for a refund on June 6th, and he said no problem. Since then I have gotten even more excuses/promises: Had to get the funds from Japan first, just filled out the paperwork to get the funds, the money is on its way from Japan, the money will be there by the end of July, the money will be there by August 18th... and now "You will have the money by next Friday" which I have been told 3 times now.

I know this doesn't pertain specifically to Nissan's, but I figured I would ask here since you guys do all the fun swaps (I can see an SR20DET is in my future). Is anyone else experiencing this? Any idea's what to do? I have already filed a complaint with the BBB and Florida Attorney General.

Thanks. Scott

Daunttless

Good ole' road trip with a bat. I'll meet ya in Kalamazoo and we can go take him out together, I hate scammers.

Actually, in all seriousness I would beat him to death with a bat.

Well, ok, no, I wouldn't...well, yeah, I really would beat him to death with a bat. But first, I would do exactly as you did, unfortunately for you if you talked to him on the phone you have no evidence, keep any letters/emails/invoices that you received, also did you clear up the charge on your credit card? Or did you pay him twice? Really the only thing you can do is file with Florida, I believe you can file a mail fraud case as well. Do you have a lot of personal information on him, if you do that will help you case...however its so hard to prove these things and it drags on so long, you may never see your money again unfortunately. You may wish to tell him that you will are going to file a suit on him if the money isn't here by the end of the month and that you will be traveling down to Florida to file locally as well. Don't tell him you filed already because it can give him time to get away with it. : ( Sorry that this happened, theres a lot of scammers out there and sadly there isn't much you can do about it unless you find other people that he's screwed... : (

Good luck!

Stoneage_Turbo
Car: just about anything

looks like another shady biz in florida , ill stay away for sure , good post dude , warnings of shady deals are always welcome in my opinon

scothaniel

I am located in K-Zoo, so I am ready!

Ya, I've considered the "bat and/or sledge hammer" option but then he would have to spend all of his (my) money on medical bills or a funeral. I thought about renting a U-Haul and just go down and pick up a couple of engines in exchange, if he has any. I did read somewhere that a Mazda guy bought a clip off him, so maybe he is legit?

I do have a bunch of e-mails to/from him, not to mention the credit card, wire transfer, and a paid reciept. I just received an e-mail from him today, stating: "i had a family tragedy and had to go out of twon i know is not your problem , but i apologize i have the money order in the office as soon as i get ther on thursday ill be contacting you and sending it."

This is after he told me that it was delivered to DHL (2 weeks ago) by his brother and gave me a tracking number!

I think the BBB has already contacted him, so he know's that I am persuing him. I was told by a lawyer today to file a report with the Florida State Police and local Sherrifs Department. I guess that is the next step. I checked on the property his buisness is on to place a claim against it, but it appears to be leased space. Since I sent the money to the company, I cant go after his house.

To top things off, he is doing this to a friend of mine too. When I first ordered the clip it looked like a sweet deal ($4000 for a complete clip), so I told another guy about it. He ordered a Celica GT4 Water/Air Intercooler for his car. Now he is out $600 and getting the same exact stories as me. I feel really bad for recomending him.

I'm already in K-zoo!

ninjak84
Car: S13, Z32, Titan

although humerous that you would consider Dauntless' suggestion (nothing wrong with it:cool: ), i think you're doing the right thing as it is. with all the authorites you contacted, they'll help you get your cash back pretty quick.

thats not to say you cant go back later and see whats breakable though. just be patient

Return to “General Chat”