anyone have this issue

Home of the Nissan Cube forum and CubeDriver.com
mb935

Im actually taking my car in later today to have it checked...

twice in a row when i went to turn the engine off - I could not get my key out. Eventually of course i finally got it out (without knowing how) the first time it occurred.

This morning it happened again (at the drs office). So i had to leave the key in the engine for 2 hours. I did call my nissan dealer and they had NO clue what hte issue was.

SO... when i got home- i put the car in park and the automatic shift's button popped out (sorry i dont know the proper terms). NOW i realized that was the problem since the key came right out. HOWEVER both times I put the car in park - I DID try the shift to park to make sure that wasnt the problem. Obviously it is.

I should find out today if there is a problem with my car - but has anyone else had this issue??THANKS

TBrack
Car: none

Very confusing post! But no, never heard of that issue. Maybe make sure your car is in park before trying to take out the key?

Heavy Metal Doctor

If my "customer interpretation" skills are working..... the issue seems to be an interlock between the shifter and the key, which will not allow you to remove the key unitl the shifter is set to "park", is intermittently malfunctioning and will not allow you to remove the key.....mine's a standard, so can't happen to me, sorry....I know it's no help, but maybe a clearer description to tell your dealer service mgr.

mb935

Thanks. That was the issue- figured it out before getting it looked at. I had it in park - the "button" just didnt pop out.

So THATS the issue - the shifter's "button". I guess this isnt a problem for anyone else then? Sometimes when I reverse out of my driveway I have the same issue - just never bothered me before - now Im realizing this is probably a big deal.

I guess I should make an appointment.

thanks again

Return to “Cube Forum”