Anyone have experience with XenonHIDs lighting?

General discussion area for the L32-chassis Altima
schwim
Car: 2010 Nissan Altima 2.5S

Hi there everyone!

My daughter drives her 2010 Altima on a very dark parkway sometimes and her low beams are not very great. When it's raining, they would be considered dangerously insufficient. I'd like to upgrade her lighting but don't want to get something that's dangerous for her or the other drivers she comes up against. After some Googling, I found this site that offers HID upgrades, including the ballast and relay pigtails so I don't melt the harness. Has anyone installed these? If so, could you share your thoughts on their quality and fitment in regards to use? The complete kit with wiring, ballasts, etc for low beams comes in at about 150.

https://www.xenonhids.com/nissan/2010/altima.html

Thanks for your time!

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

You're much better off converting to LED's. The weak point in almost all HID conversions is the ballasts, and I can tell you flat out that all the customers I've converted to aftermarket HID over the years have had reliability problems, and all either switched back or converted again to LED. Not to mention, HID is a dying technology which won't be around for a whole lot longer. There are good reasons none of the OEM's offer it anymore.

Mind you, cheap LED's are no better. The problem in both cases is poor thermal engineering. Good thermal engineering costs good money. Based largely on my customers' experiences, I opted for Diode Dynamics SL1 H11's for my wife's '13 sedan. Three reasons, very high quality, very effective heatsinking, and made in USA (DD is the only domestic automotive LED manufacturer). The kit cost about $160 after shopping around, but they're frankly fabulous.

schwim
Car: 2010 Nissan Altima 2.5S

VStar650CL wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 6:35 am
I opted for Diode Dynamics SL1 H11's for my wife's '13 sedan. Three reasons, very high quality, very effective heatsinking, and made in USA (DD is the only domestic automotive LED manufacturer). The kit cost about $160 after shopping around, but they're frankly fabulous.
Thank you very much for taking the time to help. Is the DD swap a direct bulb replacement or does it require any modifications? I found the kits here for $200 prior to ship: https://www.diodedynamics.com/low-beam- ... -pair.html

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

You're most welcome, happy to help. The original halogens are regular H11's, so any H11 LED will be plug-and-play with regards to the headlight housing. You should only need some zip ties or self-stick to secure the inline inverter on the LED's wires. I used velcro zips on the wife's '13.

Return to “4th Generation Altima Sedan (2007-2012)”