Anyone have a squeeky dash?

Discussion forum for body kits, repair, modifications, interior styling, Audio / Video and internal/external lighting.
Blue35
Car: Motorcycles, Cars and my Kids

Does anyone else have a squeeky dash. Well squeeky is not exactly the best word. Kinda a plastic on plastic rub. Seems to be coming from left of the clock between the drivers cluster and the climate computer area. I've tried the every tested "banging on it" with no success. It seems to be at it's worst when the tempurature is cold out. On warmer days it's less or gone. Any others? Or suggestions. I just hate to loose my care for a week while the dealership hunts down another squeek.

DAEDALUS
Car: 1990 Q45

"Another squeak"? Tell me it's not so, guys!

6speedG35sedan
Car: Cars, skiing, horses, working on the house

I have a G35 6 speed sedan and I have more of a creak at the upper "A" pillar. Have you heard of this one yet? The 6 speed is the only way to fly. Top speed to date 140 mph. Way too much fun.

Blue35
Car: Motorcycles, Cars and my Kids

What do you mean upper "A" pillar. Is ther a fix out there? I really don't want the bone heads to take the dash apart. Lord only knows what they will screw up putting that back together.

Aries
Car: LT1 240SS

the fix is to remoev the piece of the A pillar and put a small piece of foam behind it about 1 inch below each of the screws...

Ours did this in the coupe.

6speedG35sedan
Car: Cars, skiing, horses, working on the house

I just took my sedan in for an alingment problem and they also did that exact fix, foam under A pillar. It seems to be working. They told me that the headliner material was rubbing against the A pillar cover and windshield rubber. Let's see how long the fix last.

Still at 140 mph.

Aries
Car: LT1 240SS

:)It'll last until you pull the pillar of again ;)

SilverShadow

Blue35 wrote:Does anyone else have a squeeky dash. Well squeeky is not exactly the best word. Kinda a plastic on plastic rub. Seems to be coming from left of the clock between the drivers cluster and the climate computer area. I've tried the every tested "banging on it" with no success. It seems to be at it's worst when the tempurature is cold out. On warmer days it's less or gone. Any others? Or suggestions. I just hate to loose my care for a week while the dealership hunts down another squeek.

Perhaps this might be the problem:

ITB 02028

Return to “G35 and G37 Interior, Exterior and Audio”