Anyone have a Remote Starter for their EX?

Discussion of Infiniti's amazing (and underrated) sport-luxury crossovers, the EX35 and EX37. For 2014, the EX series will be renamed QX50, in line with Ininfiit's new naming conventions.
fleiscd
Car: EX35 Journey

I have a 2008 EX and was wondering if anybody has a remote starter installed and how it's working. I was looking at the Viper model that has an iPhone app to start the car. I don't care about the Viper alarm, the EX already has an alarm.

Anyway, if you actually have a remote starter on your EX I'd appreciate any info (the type you have, etc.). I've had remote starters in the past, I like them and hope to get some information from people who have one installed on their EX and how it works out with the push button start.

Thanks! :biggrin:

mikemax99
Car: 2010 ex35 journey Aspen white
2011 STI black obsidian

I have one, they install it at the dealer(probably they send the car to a shop who do that kind of install) and it work really well but it a real simple model (direkt start fm digital ...) you need to press the lightning button on the remote and the car start, when you jump in the car, you need to press the brake pedal and that's all you're ready to go.

mike

nh_ex
Car: 2008 EX35 Journey, Premium, Nav
1991 Acura NSX
2002 Yamaha Warrior 1700
2008 Gary Fisher HiFi Deluxe
I just LOVE my TOYS!!

What kind of money are you looking at for a remote starter?

fleiscd
Car: EX35 Journey

Less than $500 would be ideal, not sure if that is doable because of the push button start. Really haven't done any price shopping, just starting to do research on how it works, etc.

Dkelley
Car: 2008 Infiniti EX 35

I have one installed at the dealership when I bought it new. Looks cheap, but works. When you enter the car and press the brake, the engine turns off, then you have to restart it again.

mikemax99
2011 STI black obsidian

When you enter the car and press the brake, the engine turns off, then you have to restart it again.[/quote]

:werd: perso i need to press the brake to start the car, not to shut it off. have it recheck not supposed to shut down.

zarar
Car: 2010 Infiniti EX35 Journey AWD

How much did it cost you to install the Remote start and does it use a second remote for the starter or does it use the factory remote?

ANBYOND
Car: 2010 EX35
2005 GTO

Dkelley wrote:I have one installed at the dealership when I bought it new. Looks cheap, but works. When you enter the car and press the brake, the engine turns off, then you have to restart it again.
If the remote starter was installed at the dealership, then they should have done it so it utilizes the EX35 factory keyless fob. When you get in the car, you press the push start button twice, acc then ON and you are fine to go. You shouldn't have to restart it again!!

ANBYOND
2005 GTO

zarar wrote:How much did it cost you to install the Remote start and does it use a second remote for the starter or does it use the factory remote?
I paid more to have the dealer install it, then going to an aftermarket place, that way it was covered under the warranty and they used the factory EX35 keyless fob, there is no cheap/extra aftermarket fob to have to start it. I think they wanted $795? Which was ridiculous, I paid less than that. I forget the exact amount. Be careful with aftermarket places, your warranty won't cover it if they mess up your wiring or something worse. Had a friend go through that and he got stuck for a huge repair bill about 5 yrs back, by going to a cheap aftermarket place.

freelance
Car: 2011 Infiniti EX35

I had the dealer install it prior to delivery. Expensive yes, but compared to the warranty on a $40K car, not so bad.

Basic functionality of the Pursuit Model PRO9051 (Audiovox). Unfortunately it has a separate key fob (about half the size of EX35) The dealer said they tried integrated fobs but had problems.

CaribMon71
Car: 2009 FX50 Sport

Previous Car: 2008 EX35 Journey AWD

Dkelley wrote:I have one installed at the dealership when I bought it new. Looks cheap, but works. When you enter the car and press the brake, the engine turns off, then you have to restart it again.
I actually like this system better. This way, no one can just jump in your car and drive off. They would have to depress the brake pedal in order to shift out of park. However, depressing the brake pedal would shut the car off, making it impossible to restart it without the presence of the key fob.

If they could wire it so that the presence of the key fob prevents the car from shutting off when the brake pedal is depressed, you'd have a nice product.

ANBYOND
2005 GTO

freelance wrote:I had the dealer install it prior to delivery. Expensive yes, but compared to the warranty on a $40K car, not so bad.

Basic functionality of the Pursuit Model PRO9051 (Audiovox). Unfortunately it has a separate key fob (about half the size of EX35) The dealer said they tried integrated fobs but had problems.
My Infiniti Dealer in Norther NJ, did the integrated key fob, I use my factory EX35 fob and have no problems at all. Basically you press lock button 3x within a small time frame and it starts. Very easy and no annoying aftermarket fob.

ANBYOND
2005 GTO

CaribMon71 wrote:
I actually like this system better. This way, no one can just jump in your car and drive off. They would have to depress the brake pedal in order to shift out of park. However, depressing the brake pedal would shut the car off, making it impossible to restart it without the presence of the key fob.

If they could wire it so that the presence of the key fob prevents the car from shutting off when the brake pedal is depressed, you'd have a nice product.
Yes, all remote start systems are wired so that if someone steps on the brake pedal without the proper key in the ignition or key fob the engine shuts down, usually same if they try to open the hood, etc.

MIne is wired (uses factory Infiniti key fob) so that when you get in the car with the key fob, you just press the start button and you are good to go, no annoying having to step on the brake to kill the engine and restart.

freelance
Car: 2011 Infiniti EX35

ANBYOND wrote:My Infiniti Dealer in Norther NJ, did the integrated key fob, I use my factory EX35 fob and have no problems at all.

Nice, I'm envious.

mikemax99
2011 STI black obsidian

CaribMon71 wrote:

That's exactly how mine work, i need to have the infiniti fob in the cab than press the brake pedal and the acc start and i'm good to go. The engine never shut down and if i don't have the fob when i press the brake now the car shut down.

ANBYOND
2005 GTO

freelance wrote:
ANBYOND wrote:My Infiniti Dealer in Norther NJ, did the integrated key fob, I use my factory EX35 fob and have no problems at all.

Nice, I'm envious.
The only negative I sometimes run into with the factory Fob is that the range is not the greatest, you have to be fairly close to the EX to start it. The aftermarket key fobs seem to have further range. I mainly use my system to start the car when the windows ice up overnight in the winter time here.

sheshechu1
Car: 2003 G35 infiniti, 2008 Infiniti EX35

I had one installed at my dealer in Hartford CT and it was a disaster. I frequently came out of work and had a drained battery. I go to a second job as a counselor and so it was disrupting my life.
I had them remove it and no problem. They said it had nothing to do with them
I paid $500 and could have had Best Buy install for half with a relative's discount. At 63 in a cold climate I am still upset that I was gyped by them. Total disaster but then every encounter with them has not been very satisfactory.

Suzuki Todd

NJGuy
Car: 2008 Infiniti EX35 Journey AWD

Suzuki Todd wrote:Has anyone installed this:

https://www.amazon.com/Fortin-Stand-Alo ... te+starter
post6633869.html#p6633611

post6724154.html#p6723898

You might want to contact members jakenbake or CustomLowz. Looks like they've done it.

Return to “Infiniti EX35 / EX37 and QX50 / QX55 Forum”