PC, Game console and Online gaming discussion forum
Gold Digger
Car: Current:
2011 Infiniti G25X

Former:
1995 Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec Midnight Purple
1990 Nissan Laurel Club S Turbo Two Tone Pearl

Tokyo Extreme Racer 3?

Mine has a huge scratch on it, and I can't get into Osaka levels. I am stuck now and can't progress through the game. If anyone has it and is willing to sell or trade for a some other games, let me know.

Thanks,Neal

Jiggyfry

I have one but I can't let it go. AWSOME game.

Gold Digger
2011 Infiniti G25X

Former:

jiggy180 wrote:I have one but I can't let it go. AWSOME game.
What the hell man...lol. I didn't need to hear that. You suck, buddy.

Jiggyfry

C33LaurelRacer wrote:What the hell man...lol. I didn't need to hear that. You suck, buddy.

SketchyRollin564
Car: SR hatchback in the werks

Ive got it too. I never really play it that much anymore, since all i really play is GT4, Live for speed (not related to NFS at all), and Enthusia. I was thinking about playing it today. I was about to get a swap in my R32 (finally had enough milage), but then for whatever reason i decided to get an R34.

What i REALLY should have done, way back in the game, was to get the 240z, and drive the sh*t out of it, then get an RB26 or VQ35 swap.

Fun game.

Gold Digger
2011 Infiniti G25X

Former:

Meh, no worries now, I have a brand new disk I picked up on E-gay for the cheap. Should be here in a few weeks.

Jiggyfry

C33LaurelRacer wrote:Meh, no worries now, I have a brand new disk I picked up on E-gay for the cheap. Should be here in a few weeks.
So group hug?

ITman

kinda surprised you couldnt find one in Japan.

I own all of them.

Gold Digger
2011 Infiniti G25X

Former:

ITman wrote:kinda surprised you couldnt find one in Japan.

I own all of them.
Well, let's see. I am an American, living in Japan, own a US PS2. Maybe that's why I couldn't find a copy here.

okinawa drift
Car: 89 240sx SOHCoupe

c33 laurel.... is the dopest car to drift

.. you live in japan?

or do they have that **** in the states?

ITman

geez calm down

Gold Digger
2011 Infiniti G25X

Former:

okinawa drift wrote:c33 laurel.... is the dopest car to drift

.. you live in japan?

or do they have that **** in the states?
Yup, live just outside Tokyo with my wife and kids.

And I drive the C1 on a regular basis...

Gold Digger
2011 Infiniti G25X

Former:

Hey, speaking of the PS2, is there any way to clean out dust and collected lint and other crap on the inside of this thing? It's not acting up or anything, but I just want to clean it up a bit...looks filthy.

Jiggyfry

Really
C33LaurelRacer wrote:Hey, speaking of the PS2, is there any way to clean out dust and collected lint and other crap on the inside of this thing? It's not acting up or anything, but I just want to clean it up a bit...looks filthy.
Really good question, Ive lost 2 Ps2's to dust and other odd crap inside. Ive tried standard CD cleaners but they don't seem to work

brisknfade
Car: NB8C FTW

Compressed air gets rid of a lot of the lint and stuff in the vents. It would be better to take it apart though so you can get into all the nooks and crannys.
jiggy180 wrote:ReallyReally good question, Ive lost 2 Ps2's to dust and other odd crap inside. Ive tried standard CD cleaners but they don't seem to work
Iv'e lost 3 PS2's due to a lot of miscellanous problem and the laser's crapping out. These things break so easy it's not funny.

MinisterofDOOM
Car: 1962 Corvair Monza
1961 Corvair Lakewood
1974 Unimog 404
1997 Pathfinder XE
2005 Lincoln LS8
Former:
1995 Q45t
1993 Maxima GXE
1995 Ranger XL 2.3
1984 Coupe DeVille

brisknfade wrote:Compressed air gets rid of a lot of the lint and stuff in the vents. It would be better to take it apart though so you can get into all the nooks and crannys.
Yep. Make sure you get canned air, though. Don't blow straight out of a compressor. Static=death for electronics.

Best bet is to pop off the top of the case and just blow out all the dust. Don't vacuum it (same reason you don't use air straight out of your shop compressor).

If you don't want to break it open, open the disk drawer and stick the spray nozzle inside.

Jiggyfry

MinisterofDOOM wrote:Yep. Make sure you get canned air, though. Don't blow straight out of a compressor. Static=death for electronics.

Best bet is to pop off the top of the case and just blow out all the dust. Don't vacuum it (same reason you don't use air straight out of your shop compressor).

If you don't want to break it open, open the disk drawer and stick the spray nozzle inside.
Since i have so many lying around ill break one open and check it out, maybe Ill get it to work. Probably end up with an expensive paper weight though.

Gold Digger
2011 Infiniti G25X

Former:

Ahh, the infamous compressed canned air. Never even thought of that.

One other one. Is there a cleaner to use for the laser, ya know, like for your CD/DVD players?

Does it have to be a specific type, like ones used for video games or something?

brisknfade

I believe they are all the same and can be used with anything CD or DVD. Iv'e heard that those discs with the bruses scratch the lens though, don't really know for sure.

What Ive done in the past to get past the Disk Read Errors on my PS2 is open them up and then use a q-tip and some rubbing alcohol to clean the laser lens. Worked for me.

Jiggyfry

This is exactly my problem with the ones i have. I put a disc in and they take 5 mins to try and load, then I get a disc read error.

SketchyRollin564

Random question, but related to the game.

So anybody who plays this game knows that engine temp and oil temp rises, and the more boost you run, and etc., the quicker it gets hot, etc.

Soooo, my question is, do the vented hoods actualy function in this game? Also, are hoods with bigger vents more functional then just subtle-ly vented hoods?

I really dont like vented hoods, unless its REALLY subtle, but in this game, engine temp actualy rises accordingly to how you drive, and how much boost your running.

Jiggyfry

Oh man, I havent played mine in a while, I dont remember. Ill give you a For the good question though.

brisknfade

No, hoods are just for looks and lighter weight.

SketchyRollin564

brisknfade wrote:No, hoods are just for looks and lighter weight.
now i feel like a retard for spending money on a vented hood, when i could have just got an OEM painted CF...

oh welzors...

I purposley drove the living crap out of my R32, untill i got to like a thousand miles, just so i could do the engine swap. Apparently you needed more milage, but once i hit a thousand, the car started driving really slow. I got impatient for the engine swap, and just decided to get an R34.

I really should have just bought the Z28 (240z) when it was avaliable, and drove the crap out of it, untill i could get an RB26

Once you beat the game, can you buy any car you want, do anything you want to it, and swap any compatible engine, for free?

brisknfade

Never really beat it, all those special conditions for making all those cars come out bored me. The gameplay got pretty repetitive too, although I did enjoy swapping an RB into my Z31.

Gold Digger
2011 Infiniti G25X

Former:

brisknfade wrote:Never really beat it, all those special conditions for making all those cars come out bored me. The gameplay got pretty repetitive too, although I did enjoy swapping an RB into my Z31.
There is a little trick to some of the wanderers I read about at http://www.gamefaqs.com It says that when you challange a wanderer, just as the camera starts to rotate around the car, open up your disk tray, then just as the camera gets back to your car, put the tray back in, and it will make the race work. You can also do that to gain milage on your car without driving the piss out of it yourself. I believe you do it right after you win a battle, when the menu screen comes up. Select the option to keep driving, and while in Auto-Pilot, open up the tray and take the disk out, close the tray. The roads will disappear and your car will just start driving.

I don't know if that's exactly the way to do it, but check the website. It has some good info in there.

brisknfade

Bah, it's not even worth trying anymore. I haven't played that game in a couple of years. It was quite an experience finding it though, I must of driven to about 15 stores before I actually found a copy. Ha.

Sil40_Mayhem
Car: 1995 240SX 5spd/1992 Integra LS

Heh, wuddyaknow? I've had that game now for more than half a year, and have yet to play it (between the wife & kids, the move down here, Enthusia, and Madden 07, I haven't gotten around to it). I still haven't beaten TXR Zero (still missing 4 or 5 wanderers, and the second group of 13 whatevers). But, I have to say the TXR series are some fun games. I have Zero, 3, and Drift (I have beaten that one). You can hook up motor swaps in this version? Oh yeah, I will be hititng that up this week.

SketchyRollin564

Well, while looking for another game (parallel lines), i came across the newest of the series, Tokyo Extreme Racer Drift, 2 (the second of the drift series...)

It looked like it would be pretty good. Anyone have it? Im not much into "drift" games, but its not expensive, and it looks fun.

Sil40_Mayhem
Car: 1995 240SX 5spd/1992 Integra LS

SketchyRollin564 wrote:Well, while looking for another game (parallel lines), i came across the newest of the series, Tokyo Extreme Racer Drift, 2 (the second of the drift series...)

It looked like it would be pretty good. Anyone have it? Im not much into "drift" games, but its not expensive, and it looks fun.
Huh, I didn't know 2 was coming out this early. I have the first one, and it's pretty fun (though, if you're looking for realism where drifting is concerned, you're better off with GT, Enthusia, Forza, etc.). It has a decent assortment of cars, both older and modern. Like the rest of the TXR series, the courses are modeled after real-world locations. If you love racing games (and are not strictly a simulation junkie), it might be worth a look. As far as I know, these (TXR: Drift) are the U.S. versions of the Kaido Battle series, of which there were three (the last time I checked). So, provided all goes well, we could expect a TXR: Drift 3 before too long.

Return to “Gaming”