Anyone got solidworks and want the valvetrain simulation?

Discuss topics related to the VH41DE, VH45DE, VK45DE, and VK56DE engines.
Mettler
Car: HR31 GTS-8 coupe, VH41/45 Hybrid Transplant

As the topic says, if anyone proficient with Solidworks wants to try their hand designing cam lobes, I can share up the valvetrain simulation for you to have a play with.

Since my car was destroyed in the accident, I've lost enthusiasm for this s***. Maybe I'll get my enthusiasm back once I finally get my new car and swap everything into it if nothing is damaged, but whatever.

Hit me up if you're keen!

Protune Racing
Car: S13, 260z, Q45, 300zx

Very interested Mettler. Id love to have a play.

James

450Z

I'd like to give it a try.

Mettler

Hi guys, anyone got any webspace to upload the files to and share them for all, or should I email them to you individually?

Sorry, been pretty busy lately, forgot about this thread! All my design work and stuff is on my old computer and I need to chuck the hard drives into the new one after I install the new windows on it, so it may be a few days before I send the files off... but all good!

Someone try sort some webspace, perhaps Wes would be happy to host it up?

I'm happy to share this work around with you guys as long as you guys give it back to the community if you develop it further... as I spent a bit of money on the CMM measuring to get absolute measurements of the parts in the valvetrain.

The assembly basically consists of a fully positioned valvetrain assembly (of only one cylinder, as that's all that's necessary for simulation), ready to be spun. I've set up the intake cam to spin as the crank spins, and opening and closing of the intake valve. I've only positioned the exhaust cam there and haven't set its relationships up yet, so a small amount of rigging to finish that aspect off before you can get designing with the exhaust lobes.

Also, you may need to check the configurations tab as I think I've made a configuration to suit my stroker motor which has had some machining slightly reducing deck height and head thickness... and revert these measurements back to stock (available in the FSM if I haven't already done it through configurations).

Most things should be labeled nicely. If anyone finds mistakes in my work or better ways to do things, pipe up as I'm always keen to improve my solidworks skills :biggrin:

elwesso
Car: 94 Infiniti Q45t 5 spd
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

Ahh yes, I figured my name would pop up somewhere in regards to "webspace"... :) I can host this, i imagine the solidworks assy is probably not too large, so thats not big deal.. send me an email mate, we'll get it done.. :)

Mettler

*bump*

I sent the files to Wes, he told me he was away for a few days to move some furniture but would sort it out when he got back. That was ages ago... lol cmon Wes :D

klh6686
Car: '92 FB stock daily
'90 FB w/ RB20
'92 FB w/ VH45

send them to me and I can put them up right now. kerry at robinsdigital dot com.

Yowzer
Car: 1993 Nissan 300zx Slicktop - VH45DE NA Build

I appreciate that this is a pretty old thread now, but is this Solidworks VH45 Valvetrain simulation still available somewhere ?

Im currently looking at Cam profiles for a high rpm NA VH45de build, and Im a Motorsport Engineer with Solidworks experience by trade.

Mettler

Yowzer, want to talk about it on facebook? I've done a bit of extra work on it since. Happy to send you the files. Cheers

Return to “VH45DE / VK45DE / VK56DE Forum”