Anyone got KYB GR-2 struts on their Pathy?

A forum for the legendary Nissan Pathfinder and Infiniti QX4.
Transtek
Car: 2001 Nissan Pathfinder

Well, time has come to change to poly bushes and upgrade the struts so that the truck doesn't shake and wobble so much.Anyone tried and/or got these fitted to their 2001 and up Pathy?If so, do they make a big difference to handling, road-holding, comfort, etc.Any good and/or bad points/opinions wanted!Thanks

fueler
Car: 2 Nissans, 2 BMW's

i got them and they are fine.... the original Nissan struts are KYB (but not GR2) so it will handle like a new pathfinder, nice and smooth

Transtek
Car: 2001 Nissan Pathfinder

Cheers fueler!Did it get rid of any "skipping" over ruts that you feel through the steering as well?I'm thinking of changing all the bushes over to poly ones at the same time, so mabe that would be worth doing first?

fueler
Car: 2 Nissans, 2 BMW's

Ah I just noticed that you are in Ciudad de México! Cheers! I know the roads in Mexico (i'm a Baja lover) and i'd say 5 or 6 years (100-150 thousand km) is about right to change the struts on your 2001 Pathfinder, they are probably worn and bouncy by now. It will hold the road more smoothly when faced with ruts, bumps, and large potholes. Basically more comfort and safety for you! I'd recommend the KYB GR2 for you.

KoukiS14
Car: 2005 G35x - Lakeshore Slate / Stone

I'm settled on the KYB GR2 -- I've seen their products from my years as a 240sx dude, and of course, KYB is the OEM for Nissan.

I wish I lived in Mexico or near it like you guys do. . man, it'd be great to have trails to drive on. Tough to find anything here, as all of the land is owned farm land or parks.

nissandoms47
Car: 2002 Nissan Pathfinder SEV6-Custom 7" lift-33-1250R15 BFG KM2- a bunch of other s*** i cant think of

Mexico? Bah Moab is where its at, move to utah haha.

KoukiS14
Car: 2005 G35x - Lakeshore Slate / Stone

nissandoms47 wrote:Mexico? Bah Moab is where its at, move to utah haha.
I actually love Utah. I could do that and be very happy. Sucks living here. . ALL land is accounted for, so going off road is usually illegal.

Hafta be creative. . .

Return to “Nissan Pathfinder Forum / Infiniti QX4 Forum”