Anyone get the Audio Package?

General Discussion forum for Versa Owners
markvalpreda

I'm curious what the subwoofer and upgraded speakers sound like. I am ordering my Versa tomorrow, and don't know if the audio package is worth it. The audio package requires the sunroof and Sirius/XM so it's 1200 more than just the convenience package which is a must have. I know I would enjoy the sunroof.

I'm going to replace the stereo and use my own Sirius adapter, just don't know if the upgraded speakers are worth it since I would spend at least $300 (more prolly) for new speakers and a sub. I know to replace all the speakers and a custom sub enclousure will be well more than $300. Just be nice since it's already part of and fitted for the car (I assume).

If I can sell the Sirius adapter that comes with the car on eBay, I would be ok.

Or has someone added a sub to the Versa after the fact?

BenDupre
Car: 2007 Versa SL w/CVT, 2006 Quest 3.5

If you're planning on tearing out the head anyway, then skip the audio package and buy something aftermarket. You will easily be able to get more for your dollars.

Be prepared to give up the bluetooth and audio controls when you change the head unit.

I have sirius with mine (delaer installed) and it works well, the only drawback is the display won't scroll all the info (channel/artist/title) at one time. You have to select what you prefer to see: Category|Channel|Artist|Title in the display. The RDS data scrolls perfectly, I don't know why they couldn't make the SAT data behave the same way.

Ben

Elmojo
Car: 2007 Versa SL

On a side note, what do you mean by 'order'?I was told that Nissan is not allowing factory orders until the end of the year at the earliest. It sounds like one of us got some bad info.Please post if you are indeed able to place an order. I'd be interested in bringing that to the attention of my dealer.

markvalpreda

I've talked to several dealers in Southern California and they can order me whatever I want. That's what they said at least. I don't trust them any further than I can throw them.....so maybe they're all full of nonsense.

When it comes down to it, it's silly for me to get the audio package.....so I'm just getting convenience. It's still up in the air if I will lose bluetooth, but I can't imagine it wold stay there after ditching the head unit.

PAC makes an adapter that works with Alpine 2005+ head units to tap into steering wheel controls:

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-X...WIALP

Works with Alpine, Kenwood and JVC from what I can tell. I have a good shopl local, so they should be able to make this all work.

electech
Car: '02 Explorer Limited, '03 Escape Limited, '07 Versa SL HB CVT, Convenience group, splash guards, flo

There are a couple of dealers that post on here from time to time and they say that a dealer can "take" all the orders they want but the factory actually getting that order is still up in the air!! My local dealer said the beginning of September they would be able to start ordering, who knows what to believe.

markvalpreda

The closest dealer to me took an order for me. Have my Versa in 6-7 weeks.

awthomas
Car: Pathfinder, Versa

can you tell me more about the sirus dealer install...like pricing and how it works

BenDupre
Car: 2007 Versa SL w/CVT, 2006 Quest 3.5

If you have the SL unit with 6-disc changer, the car is pre-wired for SAT radio. the parts cost about $300 and the dealer will charge 1.5 hours labor. The antenna goes on the roof to the driver's rear side of the car. The receiver is mounted in the C-pillar behind the cover.

It's nice to have an integrated unit, but it doesn't owrk as well as my sportster did. The display is annoying in that it won't scroll the artist/title info. You have to select what you want to see: Gategory|Channel name|Artist|Song. You only get to see one at a time. To see all the info you have to keep pushing the display button and then wait for the info to show. It's stupid becaus ethe RDS data scrolls perfectly through all the info. I don't know whay they could't program the unit to work the same in SAT or RDS modes.

Tuning can also be a pain because there's no way to enter a channel number, nor is there an efficient way to browse. You can change category, but you can't see the channel names in the category.You basically have to bump up and down the dial one channel at a time. You can use the 18 presets but with 100+ channels on Sirius, it's not enough.

If I had it to do over again, I'd saved the $430 bucks and installed my sportster.

One perk: the radio comes with three months service free.

Here's a pic of the antenna installation.

Ben

markvalpreda

Didn't get the audio package. I ripped out the stereo, all the speakers and put in my own DVD head unit with Sirius and iPod connectivity and new speakers. I also put in a sub and an amp. I'm pretty happy needless to say!

Return to “Versa General Chat”