Anyone ever had this happen?

General discussion forum about all things Datsun! NOTE: If your thread is specific to a certain model, please make sure you post it in the proper forum.
620dvr
Car: 72 620 5speed 280zx trans 34/34 weber

I took my engine out to replace my clutch since I can't drop the tranny due to a new exhaust. well got ready to put it back in and decided to upgrade the alternator with a 60 amp instead of the 37amp stock one and now that it is back together all is great except the battery light stays on and when you turn the ignition off the truck wont stop running. I checked the charge system and its putting out 14.2 volts my lights are bright for once the charge system checked out fine. For some strange reason I can't get the truck to shut off unless I pull the white wire with black strip off the alternator. Any ideas on how to solve this and still have a dummy light work?

620dvr
Car: 72 620 5speed 280zx trans 34/34 weber

Well I figured I had better give an update for anyone that might have this problem in the future. I fixed it I was running two regulators with out knowing it and it was causeing a backfeed to the ignition exciting it causing the truck to continue to run I traced the wires to the regulator disconnected it and jumped the sencing lead with the constant hot then I jumpped the dummy light lead to the ignition lead making it so I have a working dummy light. It wasn't hard and it is done now thanks for the time guys and gals I am going to enjoy a drive in my 620 :biggrin:

Return to “Datsun Chat”