Anyone ever consider throwing a sr into the r32 gts?

A forum for owners and fans of the legendary Nissan Skyline and Nissan GTR.
starkos14
Car: s14 R33*, 99 gs300(2jz-gte soon)

ive been going through circles in my head... comparing the r32 , r33 skylines to my s14's. i talked to matt from import intelligence and he has a r33 gts now and he was saying it was like driving a rwd maxima.... i certainly dont want that. now ive come to think that i since the r32 is a lighter car and has the older rb20, i was thinking maybe to throw a sr into a r32 to lighten up the car and was thinking the handling of the car might improve a bit. whats does everyone think or have any personal experience... also, i dont want money talk, obviously there would have to be custom parts made...

Gold Digger
Car: Current:
2011 Infiniti G25X

Former:
1995 Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec Midnight Purple
1990 Nissan Laurel Club S Turbo Two Tone Pearl

I have seen SR's put into R32's before. It's like the C33 Laurel getting one. It moves the cars center of gravity closer to the firewall. It also lightens up the front a little. It does however provide for a lot more stability at high speed. Top Secret did that to a MKIV Supra with a 3SGTE. I don't know how it would make it handle on say a drift course or road course though.

One_Love
Car: 1995 nissan 240sx

C33LaurelRacer wrote:I have seen SR's put into R32's before. It's like the C33 Laurel getting one. It moves the cars center of gravity closer to the firewall. It also lightens up the front a little. It does however provide for a lot more stability at high speed. Top Secret did that to a MKIV Supra with a 3SGTE. I don't know how it would make it handle on say a drift course or road course though.
Yea it makes a huge weight difference and distribuiton. ( sp )

i talked to a guy in NJ at formula d that had a sr powered r32 gts, he said its a whole different car.

PantherRacer
Car: 1992 Nissan Skyline R32 RB20DET Sedan

I would not mind getting a ride in one of those...

rb20det_pwr
Car: skyline hcr32

Seen only one in real life, and others only in magazines..I saw a mark II with an SR in it on drift tengoku before. Would be especially CoOl in the states it seems..

HashiriyaS14
Car: 95 S14, 08 CL9, 08 NPS50, 03 Ninja 250, '60 Super Cub

Top Secret did a lot more than just swap in that 3SGTE.

AFAIK, they moved the firewall as far back as possible, situating the entire engine behind the front wheels (creating essentially an MR layout with the engine still in front of the driver).

Return to “GTR Forum / Skyline Forum”