Anyone else notice?

Home of the Nissan Cube forum and CubeDriver.com
OctoberKillz
Car: 2009 Nissan Cube 1.8S

Anyone else notice that when pulled down, the vanity mirrors are huge! I had real bad sun glare the other day, and not only do I have to reach kinda far to pull them down, but they block my whole view when driving. Unless you push them all the way back, it pretty much takes up the whole view when driving. I don't know, I try to not use them that much haha .

KromCube
Car: 2009 Nissan Cube Krom

Yeah I dont like them that much eathier. I feel bad for the shorter people who get a Cube.

Heavy Metal Doctor

KromCube wrote:Yeah I dont like them that much eathier. I feel bad for the shorter people who get a Cube.
actually, shorter people may have little tougher time reaching them to pull down, but they will prolly see "under" them when down much easier than us average height people......I have always been a chronic visor user - my wife and I fight over them 'cause I putt 'em down as soon as I get in any of our other vehicles.. I just want to see the road and not look at the sky......not so in the Cube. I think the steeper slope of the windsheild makes the top of edge of the glass "feel" lower so I did'nt even have the urge to use them untill driving right into the late afternoon sun the other day.....that's when I discovered that the "down" position is too low.

TropicalCube
Car: Nissan Cube

I had the people who tinted my 2 front windows put a DARK tint windshield band on and it blocks the sun really great and you can still see through it for signals and street signs.

KromCube
Car: 2009 Nissan Cube Krom

Thats a good idea! I might have to do that

faxhorn
Car: 2010 Nissan Cube

Are there aftermarket visor extenders -- to block sun glare coming in from the side when the sun is low in the sky?

On other cars we've had, the visors can be extended on their mounting rods -- a handy feature when a visor is flipped over to the side window. Nissan Cube sun visors don't extend, far as I can tell.

We've only had the car a few weeks -- drove it to Florida & back weekend before last as a shakedown cruise -- no problems other than the sun visor issue PLUS a low-pressure indicator light in the instrument panel that's on all the time even though the pressure has been checked OK in all 4 tires, ALSO the rubber seal at the top of the windshield coming loose & rattling in the breeze while the car is going at highway speed.

CBURKE
Car: 2012 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V!

lol yeah, my girl who is maybe 5ft 2", it works great for her. But it does block the whole front!

ronsweden
Car: 2013 Cube 1.8SL

OctoberKillz wrote:Anyone else notice that when pulled down, the vanity mirrors are huge! I had real bad sun glare the other day, and not only do I have to reach kinda far to pull them down, but they block my whole view when driving. Unless you push them all the way back, it pretty much takes up the whole view when driving. I don't know, I try to not use them that much haha .
The 2010s have covers that flip over the mirrors. RonSweden :biggrin:

Return to “Cube Forum”