Anyone else drive a Juke yet? Any opinions?

The web's first forum dedicated to the Nissan Juke and the Nissan Qazana.
Eikon
Car: 71 240z, 93 Supra TT

We always love to hear the first hand opinions on how new vehicles drive. With the Juke being rolled out nationwide in the past week, I'm sure we'll see some interesting opinions. Please post them!!!

mag318
Car: Nissan Rogue

When I got behind the wheel of a Juke I thought the performance was sluggish. That is until I realizes it was in the ECO mode, switching to the Normal mode made a huge difference. This thing is really responsive and fun to drive and the Normal mode will be used most of time. The sport mode makes the vehicle even more responsive and is very quick. The navigation system is easy to use and precise, a great option.

J. Reid
Car: 2008 Versa S

My Fiance and I took one out for a test drive (immediately after taking out a 2010 Versa with essentially the same options, manual transmission, etc) tonight as she's in need of a new car. Overall I preferred the Juke over the V, the engine did seem quite peppy from what I expereinced as a passenger, ride is about as smooth but just the few inches higher up did make a difference. Handled fairly well on the bare pavement as well as in the snow packed lot at the dealer with just the stock tires. Interiors aren't too bad, though the back seat is quite tight (if the front seats aren't all the way back I can sit ok, though I doubt for more then an hour or two). The requirement of premium is probably the single largest factor why we probably won't go with it, but it was a fun test drive at least.

GRey1
Car: 2015 Gun Metallic SL AWD w/Tech
2011 Chrome Nissan Juke SV CVT-AWD

Little over 3k miles and I'm still loving this car. The fact that the snow finally started falling is adding even more fun to my journeys.

s13beast
Car: 94 5-speed silvert s14 sr, 91 hatchback dd.

I saw one sliding out of a neighbor hood the other night. looked fun.

DIESELNUT
Car: 97 MAXIMA
02 F250 DIESEL

J. Reid wrote: The requirement of premium is probably the single largest factor why we probably won't go with it, but it was a fun test drive at least.

Premium fuel is recommended, not required.

GRey1

I didn't buy the Juke because I thought it was going to be a huge gas saver. I was hoping for better mileage than I was getting with my current vehicle as a bonus. Not sure about gas prices in other locations, but premium is about .20 more per gallon here than regular. I'm averaging about 24mpg and 1,100 miles per month. At this rate if my math is correct (I have a bad cold and am on meds), I believe it will cost me an additional $110/year to use premium. With my previous vehicle I got about 17mpg on average. This is a savings of about 18.9 gal a month for a yearly savings of about 227 gal or $681 @ $3/gal . For me, the Juke works out to be an okay switch. OOPS, just remembered my RT runs on PLUS so cut the dollar amount in half.

DIESELNUT wrote:
J. Reid wrote: The requirement of premium is probably the single largest factor why we probably won't go with it, but it was a fun test drive at least.

Premium fuel is recommended, not required.

nissangirl74
Car: 2014 Xterra Pro4X, '12 Titan 4x4, '98 240sx, '89 Pao, '77 620, '72 240Z w/RB25, '68 510, '67 WRL411, '67.5 SPL 311, '63 Bluebird, '63 NL320

I did the calculation for you and the price for premium may not be all that bad when you break it down.

Example: < Prices and mileage are just base (imaginary) amounts. >

Regular gas - $3.00/gallon

Premium gas - $3.30/gallon

MPG (average) = 25

If you drive 12,000 miles per year, that's roughly 37 tanks of gas.

The difference between 37 tanks of premium and 37 tanks of regular is $146.52.

Break it down even further, that's $12.21 per month. Realistically, not a bad increase in the grand scheme of things.

I hope this helps alleviate some of your concerns about purchasing the Juke!

GRey1

Exactly! It really isn't that much more.
nissangirl74 wrote:
I did the calculation for you and the price for premium may not be all that bad when you break it down.

Example: < Prices and mileage are just base (imaginary) amounts. >

Regular gas - $3.00/gallon

Premium gas - $3.30/gallon

MPG (average) = 25

If you drive 12,000 miles per year, that's roughly 37 tanks of gas.

The difference between 37 tanks of premium and 37 tanks of regular is $146.52.

Break it down even further, that's $12.21 per month. Realistically, not a bad increase in the grand scheme of things.

I hope this helps alleviate some of your concerns about purchasing the Juke!

dasoupdude
Car: 2005 Z

I test drove one today at the dealer, it was a 6speed.

Damn, for what it is..that jukebox can move, it put a huge grin on my face. Also the clutch pedal felt like i was stepping on a bag of extra fluffy marshmallows, and the engagement point on it felt almost non-existent.

Maybe next time I'll try and brake boost it :chuckle:

A+

Rand0m0sityxX
Car: 2015 Nissan Quest S
2018 Nissan Versa S

I test drove one the other day, finally, and can I just say I'm in love?! I have wanted a Versa for a long time, and I had planned to replace my Saturn with one, but I think now I'm aiming to replace it with a Juke when the time comes. I loved everything about the car.

Return to “Juke Forum | Qazana Forum”