Anyone dealt with...

Information on the naturally-aspirated KA24E and KA24DE engines.
slovanova

I found this place that sell some turbo kits for KA motors. Here is a link to their website. http://www.hardcore-performance.com/index2.htm The kits are under For Sale.

I was just wondering if any one you guys have heard of this place or dealt with them. It seems like a good deal, but I don't know anything about the place. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Derek

RWDnot RICE
Car: Wheels

If i were you i'd go for the $3000 stage II pkg.The other one is only cheaper because it doesn't come with a bigger fuel pump, the turbo is rebuilt, and it has no intercooler includedin the kit..?plus the stage II pgk comes with bigger injectors and a "new" turbo and a brand name fuel pump.

slovanova

I should have said that. The stage II was what I was looking at. I just don't know about the quality compared to the other kits on the market now.

C-Kwik
Car: 2013 Chevy Volt, 1991 Honda CRX DX

Seems a bit sketchy to me. Not because of the cost. But take a look at the pictures. The manifold is a sidemount, similar to the Fmax manifold. But they sat the turbo on top. Perhaps to hide the welds? It looks like the pipes were already used due to the color, but the welds are fresh. I'm not sure why. I just don't see why they didn't mount the turbo instead of putting it on top of the manifold and propping it up with a little bar. It also doesn't say how they control the 370 cc injectors. I can't imagine it would include the injectors, a fuel controller, larger fuel pump and FMIC for only 1500 more. I'd ask for more details and pictures of a complete kit.

DrDubbleB

Quote »It looks like the pipes were already used due to the color[/quote]I'm pretty sure that it's jet coated black. Jet coating isn't exactly the prettiest way to do things, but it withstands extreme heat and that's usually the way it ends up looking. Not my choice of colors for a mani though.

Quote »I just don't see why they didn't mount the turbo instead of putting it on top of the manifold and propping it up with a little bar.[/quote]I don't see where they are propping up the turbo with a "little bar." As for the bar that's hitting the strut tower, I don't know what that is, but it's not touching the turbo.

Quote »It also doesn't say how they control the 370 cc injectors.[/quote]You send in your ECU to someone like Jim Wolf and have them tune it for you. That's how you control the bigger injectors and more fuel, it's not included in the price.

That being say, I think you'd be better off going with one of the well known kits (F-Max, XS Engineering or Nsport) for that amount of money. They are a little bit more, but not much, and besides you get more with those kits.

Daunttless

You get more and you know it will work. : )

slovanova

Alright thanks for the info. Which do would you guys like the best? Right now I am leaning towards the Nsport kit.

RWDnot RICE
Car: Wheels

I am planning on buying a N-Sport because it comes with the Skyline intercooler and fuel pump. the f-max kit kit works well from what i hear, i have not actually heard of someone buying the n-sport kit but the company seems reputable. (the turbo is a garrett, and the other parts are quality) try posting a new thread with the title "which kit n-sport or f-max" and you'll find the people that have either kit or have had expierience with the kit.Your a lucky lucky man, i wish i was getting mine now instead of december!I CANNOT WAIT TILL CHRISTMAS!!-------Austin

Movingviolation240
Car: Big boost and flying are 2 of the 3 things I can't turn down

Having installed an Nsport kit a few weeks ago, it dose not come with a Skyline intercooler, they use the same Fmax FMIC (which is a spearco tube fin core). They also are using AirResearch turbo's, which I'm not too fond of (but it is still a full T4).

I personally liked the old Fmax settup, with injectors and an ECU upgrade, the Nsport works well, but running 95psi or rail pressure is a total rig IMHO and should be avoided. Do yourself a favor and get some injectors and a good ECU before you go boosted. Also a Z32 MAF would be a good idea since the stock one is about maxed out beyond 240 or so HP.

Overall I like the Nsport kit, beyond the turbo and the fuel settup it was allright, only other thing I could tell you about it is that it dosn't come with a downpipe, what they give you is the pipe from the turbo to where the wastegate plums in, after that you have to make your own pipe to connect it to the car or the exhaust (depending on how you want it).

later,

Paul

slovanova

The downpipe is not a big deal. I got a freind that owns a muffler shop, so I could get him to make the rest of it.

DaveEEE

Paul, still biased on the nsport kit? Hmph....

slovanova, I have the nsport kit in my 93 S13 and I am very very pleased with it. As of yet, I haven't lost a race at only 5psi.

The intercooler is large and in charge. Hah. :D

I have gotten countless number of comments on the kit, it's "A-Okay" in my book. However, I did get it before the recent price-hike.... hm.

-David93 KA24DET

EZcheese15
Car: 2012 Juke SV
2011 Titan Pro-4X
2007 BMW 328i

DaveEEE wrote:Paul, still biased on the nsport kit? Hmph....

slovanova, I have the nsport kit in my 93 S13 and I am very very pleased with it. As of yet, I haven't lost a race at only 5psi.

The intercooler is large and in charge. Hah. :D

I have gotten countless number of comments on the kit, it's "A-Okay" in my book. However, I did get it before the recent price-hike.... hm.

-David93 KA24DET
I don't think Paul was saying the Nsport kit sucks, he just thinks the F-max kit is better. And honestly, I agree about the same features Paul mentioned. The Nsport kit is still good, just not the "best" IMO.

Movingviolation240
Car: Big boost and flying are 2 of the 3 things I can't turn down

DaveEEE wrote: As of yet, I haven't lost a race at only 5psi.

93 KA24DET
I'll race you with my $2,000CA and see what happens..... :)

DaveEEE

This isn't orlando...

Return to “KA24E / KA24DE Forum”