anyone add an amp to the Bose in 2010 QX56?

A forum for the Nissan Armada, Infiniti QX56, and beginning in 2014, the Infiniti QX80
mbicho

Hi,
I just sold my 2006 Armada and bought a 2010 QX56. I was trying to upgrade the head unit, but I couldn't find a plate and wiring harness for the QX56. So now, I am wondering if I can add an amp to pump up the system. Does anyone have any advice on the Amp? Also, I'd like to verify if the Bose speakers can handle more power and if there is a resource so that I can find out the speaker specs?

Thanks in advance,
Mike

TonyGqx56
Car: 2010 QX56 Late Model

I added a powered subwoofer using the subwoofer signal under the driver seat and the system is much more fun. I wouldn't add more power to the stock speakers as they are probably only rated to 20w or less. There are so many too! 13 speakers if you include the navigation speaker on the dash. I would upgrade the stock speakers first if you can find ones that fit as the newer speakers will have a higher s/n ratio and will then be upgradable later if you want to add an amp. I guess it depends on your ultimate goals as a newer headunit will have rca preamp outs which is a major benefit to future expansion. A big trade off because you may lose you nav and dvd system.

Return to “Armada Forum / QX56 Forum / QX80 Forum”