Anybody with lowering springs with stock suspension?

General discussion forum about the 240sx, and a great place to introduce yourself to the board!
mos21
Car: Trying new things.

Anybody with lowering springs with stock suspension? I'm wondering what the ride quality is on that setup? thanks for any replies!

Daunttless

I don't know about the ride quality, but you will greatly reduce the life of your stock struts unless you upgrade with the springs. Or, you can run the lowering springs until your stock struts die to give you enough time to purchase upgraded struts. Good Luck! : )

mos21
Car: Trying new things.

I was just interested on how rough it might be on the ride to go with just springs. What are some good brands for spring/shock setups? I definitely want to go low, most likely around 2inches to 2.25 if anybody makes springs that low? I'm looking into purchasing a S13 hatchback, and probably my first mods will be the ride height/suspension and handling.

I know of people using eibach sportkits for springs, how do they compare to japanese brand springs and suspension, or does the import cost differ too much to justify the extra expense?

I apologize if I might be repeating some previous thread, thanks!

RWDnot RICE
Car: Wheels

I culd be wrong but looking at the actual struts and shocks on my 98 se, i don't see any travel left after a 2 inch drop i saw on another forum that the factory shocks and struts only have somewhere around 2 inches of travel or something like that?please correct me if i am wrong (with proof) so i can decide whether to get coilovers or jsut get some good springs.

all i have ever heard is that the ride sucks with just about any lowering spring with the factory shocks and struts.

mndrift

I have a set of eiback prokit springs on stock sturts and if my rear struts were not completly blown the ride would be fine. theres hardly any difference, but there is only a 1.8 in drop...there is still plenty of travel in the shock its not super stiff. but if I had the money id get a set of kyb adjustable gas shocks with them as well. I didnt want a huge drop so i didnt get the sportline, but if that's what your after go for it. kyb + eibach=$600=good suspension

dankar
Car: racing, grandkids

You wont really see a lot of difference except on really rough roads or large bumps. The ride will be a little stiffer, but not uncomfortable.

RWDnot RICE
Car: Wheels

How would i be able to test my shocks to see if they are blown..?Currently there are not any KYB AGX model shocks available for my model 240 1998, does anyone know when they'll be coming out with some.?

nissandet240
Car: My car, DJ sytem, PC's and Technology

not a problem at all Install new stock shock and struts as as I install sprint springs 1.8 drop. a few moths ago i removed them to install JICs magic arms and they were still as new, if i ever replace them will be for a set teins flex or jic coil over.i olso have stillen FTB, TC arms, rear adj, camber upper arms, and front camber kit bolts. :ylsuper

trpower7

A good way to test your springs and struts/shocks is to go out and push down repeatedly on every corner of the car. If it has extenxive travel or bounces acouple of times after you push it then they are going bad. If it is relatively still then you are probably alright. My 92 is still pretty stiff so you should be fine. Then again, I live in suburbia

biggie
Car: '16 Q70L/'14 Q60S Vert/'19 Armada/'09 FX35

TR,

Hope your car hasn't run over too many potholes or anything. My '92's springs were completely shot about 2 yrs ago. I could compress the spring down with my hands. But that was a lot of mountain driving.

FrEaK
Car: Boosted D21 Pickup

Mine are stick kicking hard... unfortunately they are retired in my garage as of now..

nissandet240

Biggiewhat kind of springs do you have

89sxRCR
Car: destroying self esteem

I have matrix coilovers with stock shocks... HELLA rough. Its worse than the grizzly at great america. I have 2 10s in a bandpass box in the back of my car and when i was driving it home from the shop the glass cracked on the bottom of the bandpass box. I thinks i need some new shocks before these blow. Ai! :eek:

nissandet240

dude i had 2 10" dvc's in a band pass box too wiht the interionr painted whire and the a black light but that wasnt egoung I still have that pluc a 12" kenwood not great but a lil extra lower bass:ylsuper

Night
Car: working on my car

ya i have my stock stuff on with sportlines and mine are fine i did have to get new ones for the back though

ash1y1
Car: Cars, Gadgets & Gizmos, Computers, Health, Travel

Does anyone know what wesbite I could find the Eibach and Koni combo set? If so, please let me know.

Return to “240sx General Discussion”