Anybody want to buy a 4 wheel drive Versa?

General Discussion forum for Versa Owners
toby

Apparently, you can have one imported for a little over $20,000... I am extremely teed off I didn't know about this sooner! Check it out (just click cancel for the language pack, and it'll display the info in English- http://www.batfa.com/newcar-nissantiida.htm

XterraVersa
Car: Nissan Xterra & Nismo 350Z

The extra weight & drive train friction would kill the reason I bought the Versa. ~40 mpg.

For 4 wheeling I have this:

Ever Victorious
Car: '08 Kia Spectra5, '73 AMC Hornet

$21,000 price for the car. Of course, another $1800 for shipping.

That's not including costs for customs and certification/registration. When importing a car from another country (except Canada), there are tariffs and certifications fees, so that the DOT can register the vehicle in the US.

Available only as an automatic 1500cc.

Now, given the popularity of AWD in the US, I would not be surprised if in, say, '09, a 4WD version hit our shores. With an 1800.

yerrago
Car: 92 Pathfinder 3" Lifts, 32" tires

I have the same idea. Get a miserly commuter car like the Versa, and then have a Pathfinder for your adventures. I have a 92 Pathfinder with 3" body lift and 32" tires. And use it for trips, hauling stuff, and people cargo carrier. For the Versa, I want it to be stingy on gas- any external accessories that will destroy its aerodynamics won't pass, whereas on the Pathfinder the lifts really add to turbulence and lessens mileage but hey I want the ground clearance.

Ever Victorious

For me, a compromise of 2-3 MPG for an AWD system would not be a big price to pay. Unlike many of you, my city was NOT built on flat ground, and was only graded in a few places, so I have hills to contend with. I'm already struggling with one I have to visit regularly, and I haven't even encountered wet pavement yet, much less snow.

toby

Preach on, brother! Besides, I was JOKING! I could care less if the Versa is offered with AWD or not, which is good seeing as I don't have it on mine. By the way, I'm reasonably sure an AWD Versa will never see US shores, 2009 model year or any other.

Ever Victorious

You never know. If Subaru doesn't get their rears in gear and put together and actual USABLE version of the Impreza wagon, an AWD Versa would actually beat it hands down.

The Impreza was a wonderful car when it came out in '93, but Subaru has done next to nothing to the overall design since then (except bring over the WRX). It space is poorly utilized, it is horribly cramped (even compared to a Kia Spectra!) and it gets poor gas mileage... the AWD system is not really to blame for that.

Return to “Versa General Chat”