Anybody in the Orlando Area

Including AR, LA, MS, AL, FL, GA, SC, and NC
KoukiBass14oon
Car: 1995 240sx

I ended up not going last night. went to a party instead. lol

fender_dude
Car: 1990 Nissan 240SX

It kinda ended bad anyways haha. It was pretty cool to check out some of the guys drifting though, even though it was only for 5min.

KoukiBass14oon

haha, for real? what happened? They are all pretty good friends of mine.

fender_dude

Well to start with the guy with the purple vinyl 240 had on of his studs break while we were driving and it took 2 hours until we finally got going. Then we got to the place and maybe 10-15 min later the po-po shows up... They let everyone go except the two guys who were drifting not too sure what happened after that. Hopefully they are ok. Any idea when the next event is?

Crautz240
Car: 92 240sx Hatch

fender_dude wrote:. Any idea when the next event is?
March 21st 9pm at the mickey d's on John young and sand lake lol

Crautz240

Well i jsut found out there is a wednesday night meet tomorrow at sonic, right by 408 on 436.

KoukiBass14oon

fender_dude wrote:Well to start with the guy with the purple vinyl 240 had on of his studs break while we were driving and it took 2 hours until we finally got going. Then we got to the place and maybe 10-15 min later the po-po shows up... They let everyone go except the two guys who were drifting not too sure what happened after that. Hopefully they are ok. Any idea when the next event is?
Do you know who was sliding? if you name describe the car ill know who it was.. and do you mean a pink vinyled coupe not purple?
Crautz240 wrote:Well i jsut found out there is a wednesday night meet tomorrow at sonic, right by 408 on 436.
I'm pretty sure I've mentioned that meet before. I can never go to it since its during the week and I'm in Gainesville. If you go, i wouldnt let mcnasty street slide your car. He's gotten pretty good. a lot better from what he used to be, but I would wait until the next OSW event, that way youre on an actual track and there are a lot more people with a lot more experience to get advice from.

But, if your diff is welded well, you shouldnt have any problem getting the car loose. you may just have to get used to actually letting go of the wheel. A lot of people will clutch kick and/or pull the ebrake but they will hold on to the steering wheel resulting in understeer. There are a few other things, but I've never seen you drive so I really dont know what the problem is. I just remember that one of my main issues when i first started was letting go and letting the car countersteer, lol. just a thought.

Crautz240

KoukiBass14oon wrote:I'm pretty sure I've mentioned that meet before. I can never go to it since its during the week and I'm in Gainesville. If you go, i wouldnt let mcnasty street slide your car. He's gotten pretty good. a lot better from what he used to be, but I would wait until the next OSW event, that way youre on an actual track and there are a lot more people with a lot more experience to get advice from.

But, if your diff is welded well, you shouldnt have any problem getting the car loose. you may just have to get used to actually letting go of the wheel. A lot of people will clutch kick and/or pull the ebrake but they will hold on to the steering wheel resulting in understeer. There are a few other things, but I've never seen you drive so I really dont know what the problem is. I just remember that one of my main issues when i first started was letting go and letting the car countersteer, lol. just a thought.
You prob have mentioned it before but all the road names sound the same and there both at sonics so i just thought they were the same one... and also i moved the car onto the driveway and relized my ebrake isnt engaging, which i just tightened... also ya like i said on florida drift i wasn't goin into the turn hard enough...i just got back from a little sliding and WOW you were right, during clutch kicks i wasnt letting go and my ebrake not engaging, and me not entering fast enough (was a little worried about what would happen with a welded diff for the first time) all combined to make me think i couldn't break it lose. Im so excited cause its so much more fun now. Thnx again!!

KoukiBass14oon

Crautz240 wrote:
You prob have mentioned it before but all the road names sound the same and there both at sonics so i just thought they were the same one... and also i moved the car onto the driveway and relized my ebrake isnt engaging, which i just tightened... also ya like i said on florida drift i wasn't goin into the turn hard enough...i just got back from a little sliding and WOW you were right, during clutch kicks i wasnt letting go and my ebrake not engaging, and me not entering fast enough (was a little worried about what would happen with a welded diff for the first time) all combined to make me think i couldn't break it lose. Im so excited cause its so much more fun now. Thnx again!!
haha, no problem I hate it when the ebrake doesnt work. I drove my boyfriends ls1 s13 a couple times at the last event and his ebrake didnt work. it sucked a** sooo hard, lol. You gunna go out to the next event?

Crautz240

Ya its a definite now that i got that figured out, im still gonna need ALOT of pointers and help but ill def be giving it a shot....

Nismo_Dj
Car: 97 red se kouki

hey i dont think this isnt official yet, since not many ppl replied but we'll see i guess. did u tell anyone else or post anywhere?

Crautz240

No i havent, just what i said two posts up or so, either way i think us local guys should meet up there on the 21st whether a bunch of plp go or not it would be cool... all the other 240 meets are at least 30 min from me so it would be cool to chill right down the street from my house... i could even ask if we could go to the whataburger thats across the street, i work there now (finally quit hollister WOOT!!)so i could prob convince my manager that if we buy food we could hang out

Nismo_Dj

well how about we have it there instead! since u work there, atleast if anyone tries to say anything we can say that we have permission to be there. but i will let e few heads know too as well.....

--- also i hate going to any of the other meets in east orlando. thats so far to drive especially on a week night.

KoukiBass14oon

Crautz240 wrote:No i havent, just what i said two posts up or so, either way i think us local guys should meet up there on the 21st whether a bunch of plp go or not it would be cool... all the other 240 meets are at least 30 min from me so it would be cool to chill right down the street from my house... i could even ask if we could go to the whataburger thats across the street, i work there now (finally quit hollister WOOT!!)so i could prob convince my manager that if we buy food we could hang out
haha, I worked at hollister last summer and hated it! lol. The only good thing was the discount and even the discounts weren't that great.

if you have it at the whataburger, or something, can someone post the address so i can mapquest it? not sure if I'll be able to go yet.

spngr311
Car: 1997 Nissan 240SX Daily and 1992 Nissan 240SX Project

I didn't see this posted here:

http://cfroadcourse.com/calendar.aspx

Crooked drag night. Looks fun, if my S13 was not sitting on jackstands with the engine on a stand, I'd be partaking. Looks like I'll be hard parking and watching.

Kwon88
Car: 1995 Nissan 240SX SE & 2008 Saturn Astra XR

Crautz240 wrote:March 21st 9pm at the mickey d's on John young and sand lake lol
So are we going to do this for sure?

Crautz240

Nismo_Dj wrote:well how about we have it there instead! since u work there, atleast if anyone tries to say anything we can say that we have permission to be there. but i will let e few heads know too as well.....

--- also i hate going to any of the other meets in east orlando. thats so far to drive especially on a week night.
Well ill have to ask first, but if everyone is chill and buys food it wont matter whether i ask or not , he would prob be syked because i brought him business lol
KoukiBass14oon wrote:
haha, I worked at hollister last summer and hated it! lol. The only good thing was the discount and even the discounts weren't that great.

if you have it at the whataburger, or something, can someone post the address so i can mapquest it? not sure if I'll be able to go yet.
Lol ya even the discounts blow lol its right across the street from that mcdonalds, ill get the address for you guys if everyone decides they want to do it for sure

Nismo_Dj

i'm down. but i hope it will be a good turnout.......

fender_dude

Yea sorry it was the pink coupe. I think they called him Mcnasty haha. The two guys who were sliding were Sam and Wes if I am not mistaken. One was a greenish Kouki and the other a black s13 with the front bumper removed. You gonna go to the meet tomorrow?

Kwon88

Nismo_Dj wrote:i'm down. but i hope it will be a good turnout.......
Im game...

S14-NEO
Car: 1995 nissan 240sx RB25 NEO powered

hey guys, im down for taking a ride up to O-town tonight to hang out with the car guys is anyone is interested...so far its going to me and Coolwhip and a few others...i wont be able to respond to the thread but if your interested in hanging out well be on the corner of 50 and orange.. just look for me ill be driving my Red S14 and Coolwhip will be driving his white hatch and we are both rocking Rb's...hope to see some people out tonight cause i dont get out much.

Mark

Kwon88

Meet next week then guys?

S14-NEO

you talking about the weekend after this one coming? the weekend of the 21st..i may be able to do that..i went up this past weekend and was sorely dissapointed.

Nismo_Dj

yes the 21st which is next sat not this week. well im still kinda iffy about it. im thinking only 2 cars will showup. and s14-neo, u will surely be disappointed when its comes to the nissan scene here in orlando. tampa area has more than us. but like i said looks like there are only 3 ppl here interested. im also trying to get a few heads to come as well. ooo and also s14-neo, my friend with an eclipse gst would like a run if u want. also then we can all cruise down to 50 and orange maybe after. let me know....

Kwon88

Yea thats what i meant the 21st But S14 Neo I almost went out last weekend to meet with you guys but by the time I saw your post it was too late But I really hope it does happen next week where we can at least get a few of us to go.

Nismo_Dj

also maybe we can do a fast and furious movie roll coll @ the IMAX theatre on i-drive on april 3rd. not a big fan of the series, but i do like car movies. and honestly i remembered when the 1st one came out it was cool. i remember when the civic went underneath the truck i thought it was pretty ill. but thinking about it now that movie kinda sux. but i was 18 and just got into cars......

--- and by the way, the orange supra won the race by a hair over the railroad tracks.......

S14-NEO

Nismo_Dj wrote:yes the 21st which is next sat not this week. well im still kinda iffy about it. im thinking only 2 cars will showup. and s14-neo, u will surely be disappointed when its comes to the nissan scene here in orlando. tampa area has more than us. but like i said looks like there are only 3 ppl here interested. im also trying to get a few heads to come as well. ooo and also s14-neo, my friend with an eclipse gst would like a run if u want. also then we can all cruise down to 50 and orange maybe after. let me know....
thats really odd, it never used to be like that. nissans were all over the place last time i came up that way...maybe i can do something about that. when a few of my buddies find out i am making the trip up there they usually come out to hang out and play. oh yeah an eclipse huh...well i would surely love to oblidge but sadly my third gear is completely missing..the amount of power im makiing yanked all the teeth off of it while i was racing a supra.oh well, i will be back with a solid tranny soon, ive got teh tranny but i still haev to ge tthe shifter and replacement driveshaft for it . soon though...but i can still make the drive up there though.

Crautz240

Well for all that are interested the address is 8841 Commodity Cir Orlando FL 32819

S14-NEO

Crautz240 wrote:Well for all that are interested the address is 8841 Commodity Cir Orlando FL 32819
well i dont really know where that place is but you will be able to find me on the corner fo 50 and orange around 10:30 next saturday night.

Nismo_Dj

well we can all still meet b4 then roll down to orange and 50.

Return to “Southeast Region”