anybody get a flip-down monitor yet?

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
thayayballa

i just bought a rogue on sunday. im planning to get a 15'' flip down monitor. i didnt get the sunroof package. im wondering if its ok to go that big.

thanks
Modified by thayayballa at 6:32 PM 2/27/2008

CtNxFLeX
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

thayayballa wrote:i just bought a rogue on sunday. im planning to get a 15'' flip down monitor. i didnt get the sunroof package. im wondering if its ok to go that big.

thanks

Modified by thayayballa at 6:32 PM 2/27/2008
Just curious, what is the 15" monitor for? To watch dvd's? 15" is pretty large. Or are you using it as a backup camera?

thayayballa

its for movies in the back row

jsellberg
Car: '08 rogue iridium graphite sl awd premium

lol

tw34k
Car: 2007 350Z Enthusiast - Solar Orange***2008 Rogue SL-FWD ( NOT Rouge ) First Rogue Sold in Tacoma /

I've had one installed in mine....I think it's 10.5" or 11"....certainly not a 15 though.

It's installed where the dome lamp is.....or was rather...and even when the screen is down and my son is watching his DVD's I can see out of the rear just fine.

The only problem I've ever had with it is when driving at night if his cartoons flash between blue scenes and red scenes I think I'm being pulled over by the police.

But other than that....no probs.

Also....when parked of course....I can recline the drivers seat all the way back and watch the movies too.

thayayballa

do you have any pictures?

tw34k
Car: 2007 350Z Enthusiast - Solar Orange***2008 Rogue SL-FWD ( NOT Rouge ) First Rogue Sold in Tacoma /

thayayballa wrote:do you have any pictures?
Here are some pics I took after washing the car today...I've been meaning to post them for ya but kept forgetting.

so anyway...hope they help.

And as you can see in this shot thru my rear-view, It doesn't block the window much at all...I can see the street and cars just fine with the player open.

albertwang16

very nice, mind we ask how much totoal to get the job done?

tw34k

ooooh !!! Numbers ...you'r killin' me !!!

I bought the player at Best Buy for something in the $600 range and to have them install it was another $145 .... IIRC.

I also bought 3 sets of IR headphones so people can watch a movie in the back while I listen to my Arch Enemy cds without disturbing each other.

boooey

tw34k wrote:ooooh !!! Numbers ...you'r killin' me !!!

I bought the player at Best Buy for something in the $600 range and to have them install it was another $145 .... IIRC.

I also bought 3 sets of IR headphones so people can watch a movie in the back while I listen to my Arch Enemy cds without disturbing each other.
Very Nice!! I like it

that install price is pretty good actually for the amount of work to be done.. but I don't know why the DVD players themselves are that expensive, especially when 9" totally portable units are around $100 these days

tw34k

Oh...I dunno...

Probably because it's a mobile device and not a portable.

Question along the same lines:: Why are wedding supplies so un-godly expensive when you can get most of the same crap from a dollar store?

Return to “Rogue Forum”