Any UpRev Tuner Version M56 Owners Out There?

Forum for Infiniti M37, M56 M35h Hybrid and Q70 owners.
adeedpb
Car: 2012 M56
2005 BMW X5 4.4i
2005 G35 Sedan - SOLD
1995 Ford Taurus SHO (Supercharged) - SOLD

As the title says, are there any UpRev Tuner Version users with a M56 in the forum that can compare notes with ETC (Electronic Throttle Control) tables?

I am very close to an ideal map, at least in my taste, that gives the car a lot more bump from a go, and a lot more power available in the lower ranges of the pedal position. This does NOT increase HP, only the feel of the throttle, which in stock condition seems inconsistent and lacking to me.

I still have a lot of testing to perform but so far the throttle is a lot snappier, more sensitive, and I seem to have reduced if not eliminated the awful acceleration drop our cars seem to experience right when you need to mash the gas pulling out of an intersection. Now I am getting nice little wheel chirps instead of the drops. The ETC tables require a lot of test and play so a few other people to compare notes with would be very useful.

I am only modifying the ETC tables, everything else is stock mapped so that I am comparing my results apples to apples.

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

I can send you my map if you want...'11 M56x. It was tuned by one of NICO members (Seymour64) out in WA.

adeedpb
2005 BMW X5 4.4i
2005 G35 Sedan - SOLD

Usually Joe does not touch the ETC as it has to be tuned in person, a lot of trial and error. He tuned everything else for me but I decided to get into it and learn to tune it myself. If I get some proven ETC maps I will send you a copy of the data and Joe can put it in for you. So far its a huge difference in the driveability, need to put it through its paces and see if the ECU learning messes with it.

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

You have my attention, lol.

adeedpb
2005 BMW X5 4.4i
2005 G35 Sedan - SOLD

Actually since I have the tuner version I can add it into your ROM. If you want to send me a copy I can put it on the map you use to try it out; you can always flash back to the original if it doesn't work right for you.

Noticeable Changes:
Much more "umpf" acceleration from a start, almost like throttle sensitivity in sport mode but a bit more aggressive as you begin to push through the accelerator.
Less pedal movement needed to accelerate.
Transmission will shift to lower gear (as if you floored it) about halfway through the pedal range, but it doesnt stop there, as you push further the car continues to push harder.

This is what the Stock ETC table and graph looks like:

This is my most recently modified ETC table and graph:

Nobody really knows what is actually represented in the table and graph, it loosely affects the throttle position; it has been discussed a lot on the 350z forums that the table is used to derive a figure based on pedal position which is in turn incorporated into other formulas and calculations which result in adjusting throttle position, VVEL, timing, and other pertinent engine control systems. So the table/graph is not a direct 1:1 adjustment of throttle position.

Ilya

Send me your email and I can send you the last map he gave me.

Return to “Infiniti M37, M56, M35h Hybrid and Q70 Forum”