Any suggestions to fix CEL with code U0164?

Nissan 350z / Nissan 370z general community discussion forum
garyw1981
Car: 2010 370z 20inch rc10's, invidia gemini CB, K&N Typhoon, headlights by one eighty, evo-r front splitter, swift springs

I had a Pioneer Bluetooth & stereo unit installed 2yrs ago at Best Buy. I recently had a CEL come on with the code U0164 lost communication with unified meter & a/c amp or combination meter. I had Autozone reset the light and it came back on 10 min later. I ended up going to Nissan today and they simply said its a code that really means nothing and they will reset it. They blame the aftermarket stereo for setting off the CEL. They said I will have to live with the light, if I keep the stereo in. I went to a buddy that has a shop and he went ahead a disconnected the battery for 15 min which I hoped would do the trick, of course it came back on. I am going back to best buy tomorrow and see if they can find anything wrong. At this point i pretty much have to live with the CEL or go back to stock stereo unit. Does anyone know if its possible for something like this to happen 2 yrs after install, or is this dealership ********. I really don't want to drive with a CEL on, I'm worried one day something will go wrong and I will assume its the U0164 code. Any suggestions on what to do would definitely be appreciated. I spent a lot of money on the unit and its great.
Last edited by Rogue One on Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Revised title

RED_DET
Vendor
Car: 2004 6 speed G35 Sedan, 2011 G37x, 1992 Nissan Sentra SE-R SR20DET, C7Z06

The BCM (Body Control Module) maybe the culprit and not have anything to do with the aftermarket system.

gary81

Thanks for getting back to me. He tested the bcm and said it was good. I am hoping best buy sees a burnt fuse .

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

Welcome to Nico!

I've revised your title to reflect the problem at hand.

I noticed that you've created a second account, presumably because you couldn't get into the original account. For future reference you can email webmaster @ nicoclub.com for login assistance.

gary81

Thank you , Its been a long time since logging in.

Return to “350z / 370z Discussion”