any reccomentations or info welcome

A forum for owners and fans of the legendary Nissan Skyline and Nissan GTR.
240rb26
Car: 240sx in the works

i am in the process of attempting to have the fastes ride in my area, i want an rb26 in a 240 but am trying to get some pricing done, such as the front clip of a 99 gt-r with tranny, how much on suspension, brakes, driveshaft altering, wiring harness, etc. etc...

please help...

or should i just do the popular thing with an sr20?

FAST-DATSUN

e mail us for info [email protected]

jdm_exotics

Ok, first of all let's get something straight. Motor swaps are expensive no matter what engine you put in your car. To swap and RB26DETT into a 240sx will run you about 18 000 USD. Just for the motor. Then comes wiring harness, transmission, driveshaft and U-joints (RB26 is longer than the 240's stock KA24). Suspension won't be that expensive unless your looking for higher end components. A set of Tein fully adjustable coil overs will set you back around 1800 USD, or 1400 USD if your lucky. Because of it's lack of availability in North America, the Nissan Skyline as well as it's engine are extremely expensive.

Now lets start on that so called 99 GT-R Skyline conversion for the 240sx. I'll tell you right now. They don't exist. The only reason that the S 13, 14, and 15 conversion kits are available for the 240sx is because those three models are the Japanese version of the 240. A skyline has no North American counterpart. Manufacturers are not stupid enough to make a conversion kit. The body lines don't match up at all. The 240 and Skyline flow in very different ways. Putting a GT-R front end would be like having a sleek 240 with a boxy skyline

jdm_exotics

It's nice that you want to build a car, just don't be stupid about it

sil80rb25
Car: atm 96 accord very clean non rice swear

jdm_exotics wrote:Ok, first of all let's get something straight. Motor swaps are expensive no matter what engine you put in your car. To swap and RB26DETT into a 240sx will run you about 18 000 USD. Just for the motor. Then comes wiring harness, transmission, driveshaft and U-joints (RB26 is longer than the 240's stock KA24). Suspension won't be that expensive unless your looking for higher end components. A set of Tein fully adjustable coil overs will set you back around 1800 USD, or 1400 USD if your lucky. Because of it's lack of availability in North America, the Nissan Skyline as well as it's engine are extremely expensive.

Now lets start on that so called 99 GT-R Skyline conversion for the 240sx. I'll tell you right now. They don't exist. The only reason that the S 13, 14, and 15 conversion kits are available for the 240sx is because those three models are the Japanese version of the 240. A skyline has no North American counterpart. Manufacturers are not stupid enough to make a conversion kit. The body lines don't match up at all. The 240 and Skyline flow in very different ways. Putting a GT-R front end would be like having a sleek 240 with a boxy skyline
jdm_exotics wrote:Ok, first of all let's get something straight. Motor swaps are expensive no matter what engine you put in your car. To swap and RB26DETT into a 240sx will run you about 18 000 USD. Just for the motor. Then comes wiring harness, transmission, driveshaft and U-joints (RB26 is longer than the 240's stock KA24). Suspension won't be that expensive unless your looking for higher end components. A set of Tein fully adjustable coil overs will set you back around 1800 USD, or 1400 USD if your lucky. Because of it's lack of availability in North America, the Nissan Skyline as well as it's engine are extremely expensive.

lol 18000 that would suck i can get front clip rb25 tran and it all installed for about 9-10k

themadscientist
Car: R32 GTR, DR30 RS Turbo, BRZ, Lunchbox, NSR50 Sportster 883 Iron
Location: Staring down at you with disdain from the spooky mountaintop castle.

You should do that then, good luck. locked

Return to “GTR Forum / Skyline Forum”