any problems?

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
bodegarama

I am seriously considering 2 buy the rouge this week or early next month. Would like to know if any of the owners are experiencing ..."I wish my rogue has this..."also please tell me if there are any problems that you have encountered so far. I know that it comes with a 3 yr/36k warranty, is there somebody who can tell me about the other warranties available?thanks

Ticmxman
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL 2WD Gotham Gray

No problems at all and no regrets. My only regret is that I have not driven the Rougue for two days while we had rain chances and it was in the garage staying clean I find the Rogue a blast to drive. Take a look at my likes and dislikes topic.

Ticmxman

Ticmxman wrote:No problems at all and no regrets. My only regret is that I have not driven the Rougue for two days while we had rain chances and it was in the garage staying clean I find the Rogue a blast to drive. Take a look at my likes and dislikes topic.
Now I have mispelled Rogue. Just to help myself: It's not Rouge,its not Rouge, its not Rouge, its not Rouge

It's:Rogue,Rogue,Rogue,Rogue,Rogue,Rogue,Rogue,Rogue,Rogue,Rogue, Rogue,Rogue,Rogue,Rogue,Rogue,Rogue,Rogue,Rogue,Rogue,Rogue,Rogue.

jlsatt00

After months and months of searching, I finally decided on the Rogue. I have had not problems other than bad drivers in under crowded parking lots (got his earlier this week). It also has everything I wanted/needed.

sskylor
Car: Nissan Rogue SL

I really do love the Rogue in the way it handles. I don't think any of the competitors have put together as fulfilling a package in terms of sound, bluetooth and convenience features. In terms of what I would put on my wish list 1) automatic headlight shut off 2) Cargo light 3) bumper and door guard protectors

Given the way the front and rear bumpers are exposed, I think I will have to purchase clear or black bumper protectors for parking. Remember to check out Costco Auto program to get a few hundred over invoice when buying.

websfear
Car: 2008 Rogue SL Venom Red

I have not gotten mine yet, but the online manual details (page 2-26) that there is indeed an automatic headlight turn off (for battery saving) - it takes 5 minutes, but it is there.

Page 2-46 also details the operation a cargo light (If equiped)... It might be an option?

ddaisydee76
Car: 2008 Orange Alloy Nissan Rogue

There is one thing that has me concerned, and that is the engine at low RPMs. I didn't notice this until after we had purchased ours, but that was probably because I didn't wind up in the specific driving conditions during the test drives...

I have noticed when driving in city traffic between 20-40 mph if your foot is lightly on the gas holding the RPMs between 1,000 and 1,500 the engine vibrates slightly like a manual transmission car starting out in second gear. We just came back from the dealership where I took out one of their other cars to put it in the same situation, and the same thing happened. 2 cars doesn't establish a trend, but it makes me wonder if there will be problems down the road at 80,000 or 100,000 miles. I don't know. We're still happy with the Rogue, but this was just one thing I noticed. (Check out my other thread on other oddities.)

-- ddaisydee76's husband

computerguy
Car: 2005 350Z Roadster/2021 ROGUE Platinum AWD

With the CVT you actually have a direct drive like a standard transmission and you are experiencing the same vibration you get with a standard when you lug it. Nissan should have programmed the CVT to keep the RPMs up a couple of hundred RPM. I guess gas mileage was more important

Ticmxman

computerguy wrote:With the CVT you actually have a direct drive like a standard transmission and you are experiencing the same vibration you get with a standard when you lug it. Nissan should have programmed the CVT to keep the RPMs up a couple of hundred RPM. I guess gas mileage was more important
I have felt what you are describing but IMO Nissan has the RPM/CVT set up at the limit to not be a problem as the Rogue is now... I do not think of it as a current problem. I don't know that I would even call it currently a vibration, it is very close to creating a vibration though. We will see as the miles rollup if it is a problem in the future.

Roguerunner
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue

They do have a cargo light (in the sl.) The first night I had mine,I was disappointed because I didn't think it had a light back there. Then my dad found it! When you lift up the back door,look up & to the left & the light is on the inside of the door. Just flip the switch & it will start working! Also,they have what they call kick plates available for the Rogue. They are made of PVC & painted to match your color. They keep you from getting door-dinged!

sskylor
Car: Nissan Rogue SL

Well what do you know, you all participating in this forum know a lot.I just ran out to find the cargo light and well there it was in the left upper corner of the hatch door. Thanks for the heads up. Also I did not know about the kick plates option, I may look into that. I am seriously considering getting what is called a clear bra protection installed. I am reading it does a fabulous job at preventing rock chips. The are a number of manufactures like 3m and Invisiguard that make kits to fit the car. Has anyone ever used this for their new cars before???

cpca
Car: 2008 Rogue SL AWD Phantom White

sskylor wrote:Well what do you know, you all participating in this forum know a lot.I just ran out to find the cargo light and well there it was in the left upper corner of the hatch door. Thanks for the heads up. Also I did not know about the kick plates option, I may look into that. I am seriously considering getting what is called a clear bra protection installed. I am reading it does a fabulous job at preventing rock chips. The are a number of manufactures like 3m and Invisiguard that make kits to fit the car. Has anyone ever used this for their new cars before???
There's a thread over at the FreshAlloy forum with some pictures:

showthread.php?t=175277

The poster used it for his 2004 Maxima and just added it on his Rogue. The wife and I are seriously considering it for our Rogue, as she does a lot of freeway commuting.

rossifumi

That's one thing I immediately noticed on my test drive.

When you accelerate after cruising at low city steady speeds and low rpms, the engine does sound like it's lugging. just as if the CVT ratios were set too low.

But that should be a non-issue.If you're cruising at such low RPM's and want some immediate get-go say for a pass, just tap the paddle shifter to change the gear just like you would in any other normal car.

side note: one thing I found a little funny is the SL offers both paddle shifters and the shifter option on the Automatic's shift leverl. But the S doesn't offer either one.

Ticmxman

Roguerunner wrote:They do have a cargo light (in the sl.) The first night I had mine,I was disappointed because I didn't think it had a light back there. Then my dad found it! When you lift up the back door,look up & to the left & the light is on the inside of the door. Just flip the switch & it will start working! Also,they have what they call kick plates available for the Rogue. They are made of PVC & painted to match your color. They keep you from getting door-dinged!
Anyone have a picture of the "kick plates"? I hate door dings.

jaywhiz21
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue Gotham Gray SL AWD

I LOVE my Rogue. I get excited every time I think of driving it! It was delivered flawless and continues to be flawless.

The only things I'd like to see are:- Auto on/off headlights- Better features (e.g., display options) for the XM radio- Automatic temperature control.

That's about it.

CTRogue

What does it display for the XM? Does it show the artist and song name? does it show the station name?

jaywhiz21
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue Gotham Gray SL AWD

CTRogue wrote:What does it display for the XM? Does it show the artist and song name? does it show the station name?
YES to all of the above, HOWEVER not at the same time. You can only choose for it to display one of the items at a time, and it can't automatically shift among the dispays -- you have to manually choose which display you want at any given time.

-Jimmy

shavimusha
Car: 2008 NISSAN ROUGE SL AWD / 1998 NISSAN MAXIMA GXE

nothing too serious there was some noise coming from left front wheel took it dealer and brake caliper cover was loose they took about 10 minutes except it took me hour to convince mechanic that there was noise they insisted it was just dust on disks ))) but over all everything was great !

blaruffa
Car: Nissan Rogue

I have had the 3M Paint Protection on my Last 2 Nissans, It is Awesome. It is being put on my Rogue.

Return to “Rogue Forum”