Any option to get roof rails/rack installed on S models?

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
brainy2000
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue S AWD

I bought 2008 S AWD in white color and i'd like to get roof rails installed. Has anyone done this? i am getting conflicting info from different dealers . if anyone has done it i would really appreciate the info/price/ where u had it installed. thanks

philipa_240sx

AFAIK, no one here has installed roof rails on an S model. It's a bit involved as you need the purchase all the parts seperately then perform the installation. This is not easy as you will have to remove the roof liner to install the bolts that hold the rails on. If you only use the roof rails to carry loads, you can purchase a complete Yakima rack for much less. Here is a copy of my earlier post describing the roof rails:

Quote »Re: Roof Rails.The OEM roof rails are bolted to the body. It 'may' be possible to retrofit a non-roof rail model by drillling the required holes (4 per side) and installing the new roof rail and moldings. It's not cheap. A quick scan of prices revealed the roof rails are $270 each (side) + $70 for the molding. Multiply by 2 to do both sides and you are looking at $680.

There is another option if you just want a simple roof rack to carry gear from time to time. Yakima makes all kinds of great roof rack products. I have done a quick test fit and came up with an option for the Rogue without roof rails. Read more about it in this thread:

zerothread/343315[/quote]

nismo1

If you are talking about the main side rails, (the ones that go from front to back) they are more involved to install IF possible at all!! If you are talking about the CROSS BARS, (the ones that go from side to side) they can be ordered as an accessory and they are easy to install, HOWEVER Nissan has discontinued the Mighty Mounts that are needed to install the bike carrier and Kayak carrier!! The Mighty Mounts that are used are also used for the 04-08 Murano, so its not like they JUST came out with these and then discontinued them! I think they will probably start reselling these if they continue to build new vehicles with this roof rack!! But as far as it goes now, Nissan has discontinued the Might Mounts! We are trying to contact the manufacturer of the mounts so we can sell them WITHOUT going through Nissan USA and I will keep you posted on that!!-Jamie

Return to “Rogue Forum”