Any one gearing up for a summer garden?

Home project-related forums. Woodworking, home improvement, landscape, and cooking discussion forum. Yeah, car guys cook.
thekage
Car: 98 Dodge Caravan, 98 Dodge Intrepid

I remember as a kid helping in my parents garden, but as an adult have never had the space. Now I have this huge back yard! I plan on using the square foot method of gardening, for efficiency and space sake. I built myself two 4x4 boxes, six inches deep this weekend out of cedar. In a couple of weeks I hope to plant a little bit of everything in them.. tomatoes, Zucchini, Cucumbers, Leeks, Corn, Onions, radicchio, a few different lettuces, carrots, a ton of herbs, I might even transplant the garlic I planted this winter to the new boxes.. along with some helpful flowers, such as Marigolds, ect.. and in swamp east Missouri, you cannot forget the mosquito plants...

Dano
Car: '05 Nismo Frontier CC / '95 240sx base

I have strawberry plants that I planted dam near 10 years ago. Still bloom every year like mad. Very odd they are....

I'm excited for spring landscaping

HashiriyaS14
Car: 95 S14, 08 CL9, 08 NPS50, 03 Ninja 250, '60 Super Cub

I wish I had room for a real-deal veggie garden. Can't beat the freshness of growing something yourself.

I will do a potted herb garden on the deck though, so I can have a never-ending supply of fresh parsley, thyme, and other stuff.

thekage
Car: 98 Dodge Caravan, 98 Dodge Intrepid

How much room do you have on the deck Hash? I would recommend using the square foot method. Can you spare a space 2'x2'? or 3'x3'? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Square_foot_gardening Its awesome, easy, and grows awesome veggies, herbs, ect...

Return to “Around the House”