Any NY/NJ forum members or installers who can do dvd hack

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
fazooley

Whats up guys. I live in NYC and was wondering if any forum members could help me get this hack done or recommend me to a place whom they have used. Can't wait to pick this thing up tomorrow night, I may fly down there at lunch and try to get from ft lee to edison and back in an hour; lol.

fazooley

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

Welcome to NICO!

I hope that someone is able to help out locally or has a recommendation. I think that the directions are relatively simple enough that a decent "12-Volt Shop" in your area ought to be able to help out.

Z

fazooley

szhosain wrote:Welcome to NICO!

I hope that someone is able to help out locally or has a recommendation. I think that the directions are relatively simple enough that a decent "12-Volt Shop" in your area ought to be able to help out.

Z
ller

I actually contacted two install shops today and they say the only thing they do is the external RGB module for 700. I couldnt stop laughing hard enough and I even asked him if he even knew of this hack, and he just sounded like he was playing dumb or something. In any event I stopped by my friends place, now there not top notch installers or anything but theres really not too much to screw up here. How long should this take an install shop to do, Im curious so I know what to offer him for labor. I've read 2 variations on this site, both from the same post with 1 person saying you can ignore the pink wire completely and someone saying you need to use it? Which one is the method everyone is using here, the one that is working in everyones car.

Fazooley

jshattner

Ignore it if you just want the menu systems and access to manual input for Nav. Use the two wires if you want DVD's to play on the front screen without the parking brake on. Longest time will be in removal of the DVD unit. If someone's familiar with glove box and dvd removal, the whole shot will take about 1-2 hours, depending on where you want the switch mounted.

fazooley

jshattner wrote:Ignore it if you just want the menu systems and access to manual input for Nav. Use the two wires if you want DVD's to play on the front screen without the parking brake on. Longest time will be in removal of the DVD unit. If someone's familiar with glove box and dvd , the whole shot will take about 1-2 hours, depending on where you want the switch mounted.
Let me ask you this. I have two dvd drives in the car, 1 for nav in the glovebox and 1 in the center console. Now I know the mod is performed on the one in the glovebox, but which one do I use to watch dvd's in motion after the mod is performed. I thought that you always left your nav dvd in that drive in the glovebox and after the mod was performed you used the one in the center console to watch dvd's on the go. Can someone clarify which one is correct?

Fazooley

jshattner

Nothing changes. You work on the wiring at tne Nav DVD unit 'cause that's also where you can get to "fake out" the parking brake signal as well as find the motion sensor wiring. You play DVD's on the console DVD player, but now with the hack "in" both screens (rear and front) will show the same picture.

waldis

if u are willing to drive out to nj then i can help. i need to do mine too.

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”