any newer intakes for 2007 g35?

The G-Series Tuning Forum is the place to discuss G35/G37 performance modifications and mechanical repair.
gama
Car: 2007 G35 Sedan S

i know stillen and fujita came out..but anyone else? i want to see clips on fujita to hear the sound..because stillen sounds nice

G_whizz
Car: 2010 G37 Coupe Sport

Try Youtube. I don't think there are really any other intakes yet for the Sedan.

zozoka1212
Car: 08 Infiniti G35x

I am pretty sure there will be more in the next few months.

Zozoka

gama

waiting for cheaper prices too.

zozoka1212

That willl do it. Competition got wake up too. than prize will go down. Won't go down much tho.

Zozoka

joe603
Car: 2014 Durango R/T

Don't expect much of a drop...the dual intake design means double the cost....

suby01
Car: 2007 Infiniti G35x

gama wrote:waiting for cheaper prices too.
having paid $33,000++ for a car and being stingy with waiting for ebay imitation intakes just because it saves you $100-$200 doesnt make sense.

gama

i just think $400 for a 2 filters and covers from stillen is a little too much...i would think maybe $300-350. fujita at least includes the tubes all the way to the throttle bodies. stillen looks nice..but looks stock also which i like...suby1..is your intake loud? does the covers on it block the sound?

soul_hfk
Car: 2010 G37xS---08 QX56

i look at it like i payed 38.9K and im not going to put some cheap crap on my car . im going wit the stillen not because of how much it is im going wit them cause of the name/brand

suby01

soul_hfk wrote:i look at it like i payed 38.9K and im not going to put some cheap crap on my car . im going wit the stillen not because of how much it is im going wit them cause of the name/brand

zozoka1212

I have to admit you got your point.

Zozoka

suby01

gama wrote:i just think $400 for a 2 filters and covers from stillen is a little too much...i would think maybe $300-350. fujita at least includes the tubes all the way to the throttle bodies. stillen looks nice..but looks stock also which i like...suby1..is your intake loud? does the covers on it block the sound?
to answer your ? yes it is loud even with the windows up and music up i can still hear it. but that is only going 3k rpm+ if you shift at 3k or less sounds just the same as stock.

it is two filters and a maf adapter thats 2 intakes as opposed to paying $200 for one k&n aem or injen. thats why it costs as much it does.

im sure that stillen has done a lot of testing for the best fitment/hp ratio. the fact that they didnt change the pipes going to the manifolds is simply because of the stock design that is so efficient that it is not needed. even when going for a all stock+sleeper look they could of made some black pipes as opposed to fujitas chrome and included it in the package but that simply wasnt necessary.

fujita is cheaper by at least $100 and they did include the aftermarket pipes and it still produces indentical hp gains.

if price is an issue and you really want aftermarket pipes. there are definitely ways of getting it done all for under $80 thats a $320 from the stillen and $220 from the fujita. all you need is two pvc pipes from home depo can customize them any way you want stickers flames or even paint it black for a sleeper look. since there is no maf adapter available yet for the G then simply duck tape the adapter to the pvc pipes and with 2 pep boys $15 e.a. apc racing filters and a $2 pipe connctor and you have yourself an intake.

ArizonaG35
Car: 2007 Infiniti G35 Journey Sedan/Premium Pkg. Platinum Graphite

suby01 wrote:
to answer your ? yes it is loud even with the windows up and music up i can still hear it. but that is only going 3k rpm+ if you shift at 3k or less sounds just the same as stock.

it is two filters and a maf adapter thats 2 intakes as opposed to paying $200 for one k&n aem or injen. thats why it costs as much it does.

im sure that stillen has done a lot of testing for the best fitment/hp ratio. the fact that they didnt change the pipes going to the manifolds is simply because of the stock design that is so efficient that it is not needed. even when going for a all stock+sleeper look they could of made some black pipes as opposed to fujitas chrome and included it in the package but that simply wasnt necessary.

fujita is cheaper by at least $100 and they did include the aftermarket pipes and it still produces indentical hp gains.

if price is an issue and you really want aftermarket pipes. there are definitely ways of getting it done all for under $80 thats a $320 from the stillen and $220 from the fujita. all you need is two pvc pipes from home depo can customize them any way you want stickers flames or even paint it black for a sleeper look. since there is no maf adapter available yet for the G then simply duck tape the adapter to the pvc pipes and with 2 pep boys $15 e.a. apc racing filters and a $2 pipe connctor and you have yourself an intake.
C'mon Suby, that would cost at least $40.00 going your home depot route... If saving money is the key, then I would suggest buying a 12 pack of toilet paper, crapping a lot, then taping together the spent toilet paper rolls as your pipes... you can even wad up some of the leftover toilet paper for a filter... we can call it a "**** ram intake kit"!!! I bet my way saves you at least $36.00 from Suby's method...

Gama:Dude,I'm all about giving guys new information about mods on cars, but you have asked this same question about 4 times on this forum... Trust me, I have questions about stuff too, but the point here is to read through some of the posts we have provided to you before you fire off a TON of questions that all ask the same question... I know you're itching to hear the Fujita Intake before you make a decision, but the sound quality and difference in a video is NOTHING to compare when you hear the real thing... you need to do a little research and make the decision... We can't make the decision for you... as with everything else in life, you are going to have to "man up", make the decision and live with the choice you made... We don't have to live with your choice... YOU DO... but asking us the same question OVER & OVER will not help you any...

joe603
Car: 2014 Durango R/T

arizonaferrell wrote:... I would suggest buying a 12 pack of toilet paper, crapping a lot, then taping together the spent toilet paper rolls as your pipes... you can even wad up some of the leftover toilet paper for a filter... we can call it a "**** ram intake kit"!!! I bet my way saves you at least $36.00 from Suby's method...
ewww! a pootsy intake I don't think GM would like you stealing their engineering ideas!

zozoka1212

joe603 wrote:
ewww! a pootsy intake I don't think GM would like you stealing their engineering ideas!
Good one.

zozoka

soul_hfk

nice way to put it joe

G_whizz
Car: 2010 G37 Coupe Sport

joe603 wrote:
LMAO!! That quote is FTW!!

gama

suby..i think im going with stillen.

arizona: im not to fond on shiny piping on a luxery sedan i like stock..like stillen has..thanks for all your help guys

ArizonaG35

I think you'll like the Stillen's Great Choice as there aren't too many options on this model yet.

Polished Chrome is not my favorite either, so I plan on having the pipes powder coated by a buddy of mine... I'm going with a flat Dark Grey powdercoat that will really blend them into the engine.

Make sure to send us pics when you get them installed and feel free to ask us any questions about install if you are doing it yourself. I installed myself and I think Suby may have installed his as well. Keep in mind the labor cost if you decide to have a stealership install. Pretty easy install though, I did it in about 90 minutes.

Enjoy!

suby01

90 mins wow....was that a joke or was that a joke...because the stillen on my G took no more than 20 mins the easiest install by far on any car i did it. i did 96 camry 00 impreza 99 civic 98 pathfinder many maximas also and others bla bla bla you get the point..

o and the dealer did offer to install it for me for free but i dont them touching my car anymore unless its really necessary. and if they would charge im sure at least $100 for installation since today i picked up the light socket thats in the door that takes about 90 seconds to install they wanted to charge me $45 all it is popping out a lens and changing the bulb. HA

soul_hfk

that cause they charge 90$ and hr for dumb stuff to

ArizonaG35

suby01 wrote:90 mins wow....was that a joke or was that a joke...because the stillen on my G took no more than 20 mins the easiest install by far on any car i did it. i did 96 camry 00 impreza 99 civic 98 pathfinder many maximas also and others bla bla bla you get the point..

o and the dealer did offer to install it for me for free but i dont them touching my car anymore unless its really necessary. and if they would charge im sure at least $100 for installation since today i picked up the light socket thats in the door that takes about 90 seconds to install they wanted to charge me $45 all it is popping out a lens and changing the bulb. HA

Remember Suby that with the Stillen, you are only changing the box and the filter, With the Fujita I had to remove the pipes and replace them... combined with the fact that I had to factor in a minimum 15 minute beer break due to the heat... I was also too excited to install the new intake that I didn't give my engine enough time to cool down from driving home from work, so I spent a good 10 minutes cussing like a sailor cause the engine was too hot!

suby01

haha beer break definatly didnt have that with my install. because at the time i was anxious to take it out for a drive right after to hear it so getting crunk prior wouldnt be SMRT. +2 for the effort, now im kinda jelous, (as long if it wasnt american) hot engine?? what engine heat the vid that i posted 60-130mph run was 5 mins before i popped the hood. def got a lil toasty but im a haha

allsfine
Car: 2007 G35S Sedan

Hi.I have a '07 G35 S and recently had the Fujita intake installed at the Miller dealership for $512. Looks great & sounds terrific!On the Fujita website they have a Dyno printout before/after installation and a picture as well.Check it out. I had a Stillen on my old '03 G35 Sedan and it was ok, but I do like this one better.

gama

kool..can you get a sound clip of the fujita? why do you like this one better than the stillen? ...because of looks? or the sound?

zozoka1212

But your old sedan had only one intake. That makes a huge different.

Sound clip would be good.

Zozoka

gama

yea...i think fujita and stillen are all the same sound for dual intake g35...2 intakes will be louder than one..thats for sure!! your 2003 g would been the same if you hade a fujita..1 intake only!! but what im still thinking is...stillen has a cover and fujita doesnt!!! ..will that make fujita sound louder and better? what do you guys think?...i would have to hear both in person.. but i havent seen or heard them here in nj...

Return to “G35 and G37 Engine, Drivetrain & Tuning”