Any mountain passes I can have fun with? No cops

A General Discussion forum for Altima owners, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to the NICOclub Altima Forums!
TAMU_QR25DE
Car: 2008 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL 140,500miles, bought 2013

First I apologize if the stuff I posted are immature, but as a young person, I can't stand police giving me tickets over and over again.

Altima is not just a mid size family sedan, it has performance, but from the two tickets I have learned that, my 2.5 has too much engine, at least my altima is not suitable for highway driving "fun", because that place is full of cops in Houston, and I should drive a underpowered prius.

So, say good bye to this driving style:

Now, I found out that Altima's JDM brother Teana, has created a local mountain pass racing record: (it's in foreign language but keeping it as reference)
http://www.nippon.idv.tw/dz/redirect.ph ... nextoldset

Someone has proved that TEANA 350 isn't that clumsy, and could be a sleeper. And I have read in some other forums saying, FWD or RWD, VQ35DE is structurally similar to VR38DE except a water cooling device, easy to mod.

I have seen many Californian tuners demonstrating their demo cars going over 60+ on 40 mountain passes. But California has more mountains than Texas where I lived.
Where in Texas could I find tight mountain passes with minimum cops going through, and have some fun?

I don't want to spend money on track days unless the car is RWD, I just want to feel the speed on the open roads.
Last edited by Rogue One on Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Deleted duplicate thread

Return to “Altima General Discussions”