any Mod for a stiff clutch pedal?

A General Discussion forum for Altima owners, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to the NICOclub Altima Forums!
nismo1003
Car: Ka24de

Got a Aftermarket ACT Clutch for awhile, it still takes alot of pressure to press the clutch , are there any springs or DIY mod for the clutch pedal to make it easlier to press? for those who installed the ACT clutch? did u do anything to make it softer?

I drive a Altima, the stock clutch is so stiff to press already and now obviously it's way too stiff , u think I can just use a bigger Master clutch cylinder and a stiffer springs for the clutch pedals? are most of the nissan/infiniti use the same master clutch cylinder? if u know anythinga bout it , would you give me the part number and stuff. THANK YOU ALOT

s13sr20chris
Car: nissans

a bigger master cyl would make it more stiff. you want a smaller one. the tradeoff is pedal stroke. with a softer pedal you get a longer stroke. if the stock clutch is too hard then any performance clutch will be at least as hard. unless you had a multi disk setup that was custom made to be soft.

IvoryJ30t
Car: 95 Maxima GLE, 95 Maxima GXE

come on now, an act clutch isnt that stiff. i find it to be perfect, i wish all car clutches felt like that.

i cant stand soft clutch pedals.

s13sr20chris

you may want to check for mechanical probs if your stock clutch felt very heavy.

D Money
Car: driving illegaly

when i got rid of the clutch dampner it made my already light clutch outrageously light. shouldnt this be in a different section?

s13sr20chris

yes

navysnail
Car: 1990 240sx fastback

i THINK i remember seeing somthing a while back that nismo makes a master and slave cylinder kit that changes the ratio, you may want to look into that, although im not 100% sure that they make one

Return to “Altima General Discussions”