Any love for the B-210? First time buyer.

General discussion forum about all things Datsun! NOTE: If your thread is specific to a certain model, please make sure you post it in the proper forum.
Terminatez

I may buy a 1974 Datsun B-210 4-Door Manual this Saturday at a price of $3500.00.. was wondering what I should look out for when driving and looking at the car. It has 100k miles to it according to the owner and is all original minus the stereo and rims.

Also, what are some pictures of custom B-210s? I'm looking to customize mine in the near future with a better engine, etc. What are my options? I've never worked on cars before other than your typical maintenance like oil changes, etc. I want this to be my first 'project' in where I customize the car to make it 'better/faster'.

What is the that black board in the front bottom called? What's it's purpose? Bottom image is from google

NolimitZ32
Car: 91 AG2 2+0 TTMT swap/E39 BMW 540i6/E53 4.6is Dinan S3

man, i was going to say you got a hell of a deal for $3500 but then I read that the one in the pic isn't yours :( Still congrats on the buy, you should find a good amount of knowledge here on NICO. In fact our El Presidente owns a dime IIRC so I' sure he'll make his way in here soon enough. The "board on the bottom" is referred to as front lip or front splitter, It's purpose is to direct air to the sides of the car or up into the radiator. The main purpose is to keep air from getting under the car at high speeds and creating lift which is a no no when you've got the go pedal pinned.

Terminatez

NolimitZ32 wrote:man, i was going to say you got a hell of a deal for $3500 but then I read that the one in the pic isn't yours :( Still congrats on the buy, you should find a good amount of knowledge here on NICO. In fact our El Presidente owns a dime IIRC so I' sure he'll make his way in here soon enough. The "board on the bottom" is referred to as front lip or front splitter, It's purpose is to direct air to the sides of the car or up into the radiator. The main purpose is to keep air from getting under the car at high speeds and creating lift which is a no no when you've got the go pedal pinned.
Haha. No just a b210 that I like. The one im getting this Saturday is complete stock with alll its original parts and paint. It need a repainting as the paint is old and faded but other than that I looks promising!
Nice to k ow what a front lip is, I always thought they made cars look aggressive! So what determines what kind of engine I can swap into the b210?

Return to “Datsun Chat”