Any love for a 1980 510 wagon?

Discussion forum for the venerable 510, and its non-US counterparts, the Datsun 1600 and Bluebird.
sil_fourty
Car: 93 240sx coupe

I picked up a new toy. '80 510 wagon...A10 chassis. I've looked and no one seems to have anything to do with them.

It has a Z20 carbed motor with an automatic, runs phenomenal for it's age. I don't really care to make it much faster, but I would like to put new floor pans and a little update on the looks.

Anyhow, this is my first post on a forum that I am officially a Datsun owner, even though I've had my 240SX for about 14 years now.

I'll get some pics up when I get her all spiffy lookin'

sil_fourty

Took some pics. She's still filthy. My son's going to be driving it for a while until he gets his own car, so I'm not going to clean anything until he's done with it.

like I said, it's still filthy, but it's going to be getting some love soon enough.

gmac708
Car: :o)
1970 240Z
1972 510

Nice little car. Hope you get to spend some time with your son fixing it up. :dblthumb:
Gord

Slaw31
Car: 1980 510 station wagon
Automatic
Blue/"wood" paint with blue interior

Hey I just joined up to the forum. Acquired a wagon except it must be the primo package! It has wood sides! I am in South Carolina and only know a little about Datsun but know they are pretty stout vehicles. :dblthumb:

Slaw31
Automatic

I made a thread with photos. shouldnt be long before I have it on the road glad to see other people cruising the wagons haha

south-carolina-datsun-510-wagon-t593509.html

nothingbychance

LOVE IT!!

I owned a 1980 Datsun Wagon! Mint green with a 4 speed. Bought from the original owner! (My Father) Loved that car! Drove the hell out of it!!! That NapZ motor was built proof! (Almost) I will one day find another 80 510! If you have any questions there isn't a lot about that car I dont know! Plus I have some vintage repair literature including dealer booklets that came original with that car! Enjoy your 510! I let mine go and will spend years trying to find another!!! :cry:

sil_fourty

@ nothingbychance:

I just so happen to know of a near mint 78 510 wagon that is quite literally a barnfind. The guy who has it got it from his mom and dad's estate. His folks were the original owners. the car was painted once back in the early 90s, it was rear ended, but the bumper did it's job and took all the force and absorbed it with the bumper shocks, so it will need a new rear bumper. That is the extent of the body damage. It's been garaged it's whole life, so it's absolutely RUST FREE! it needs a fuel pump a battery and some gaskets and seals. I'm pretty sure it's an L20, but I could be wrong as I didn't get a great look at it and I am not that familiar with the older datsun engines.

I can go get some pics if you are SERIOUS about getting it. But, I have to warn you, the guy wants a mint for it. He's thinking in the $3000 and up. I think it's in need of a LOT more work than for it to be worth $3000, considering it's likely going to need all rubber suspension components replaced simply due to it's age.

Slaw31
Automatic

Hows the 510 coming? I been enjoying mine on the road this past week and its done well. I am on the hunt for some small pieces but may have to fabricate my own if it comes to that.

Return to “Datsun 510 / Bluebird”