any learning tricks????????

Nissan dominates the drift scene - Always has, always will.
scruffy63
Car: my nissan 240sx

The skyline has the the ATTESSA system.its not "suspension crap" its part of the drivetrain. it is essentially a rear wheel drive car with only a small percentage of torque on the front wheels. when you launch or lose traction with the rear wheels it will transfer up to 50% of the torque.(don't quote me on the numbers though). From what I've heard the skylines that are drift only cars disable the ATTESSA system.

crzycav86
Car: 93 240sx KAT

scruffy63 wrote: From what I've heard the skylines that are drift only cars disable the ATTESSA system.
Either the attessa system is disabled, or the skylines that you see drifting are GTS's(rwd) and not GTR(awd).

ViolatoR

i heard that on r32 gts-t (i think) theres a system that detects the car turning, and it goes from 2wd to 4wd for the turn. and this could be adjusted to always be on for drag racing or always be off for drifting. something about centrifical force turning a disc or something to activate it. i dont know if this is a separate system than what u guys r takling about or what, thats all i remember.

this thread ended up going off-topic i think but anyways i just saw a fc3s for sale i might pick it up just to tear apart and practice with, if its under a grand cause im broke.

tryiian
Car: 95 blue emerald s14 KADE traded for 1992 black hatch base

gts-t was pure rwd. hence the point of it existing.

that system sounds like the `34's atessa.

adjustable, iBlieve, but deactivateable iDoubt

trackslut240
Car: 1993 Nissan 240SX

its all about how hard u want to learn...my friend had an automatic FWD piece of **** Hyundai Excel, 93 model or soemthin like that,....he still has the car even though i gave him my 92 lowered ka 240... and he drifts the hyundai better than he drifts the 240... mostly feinting... its hilarious to see it go around curves sideways.... the hyundai had an exhaust leak, leaky injectors...worn suspension... and sit in it...it smelt like a**...nasty... .. he made it go around u turn and i couldnt stop laughing,,,, ....its all about how much u want to try to learn... but always be safe...avoid streets coz u never know what will creep up from where...parkin lots are fun... i am chicken...so i am going to find an event...then go and practise there....

Return to “Nissan Drift Forum”