Any Good Sources for Obsolete Parts?

1980-1986 Datsun 720 forums. All 720-specific topics and discussion can be found here.
sfmichael
Car: 1984 720

Really need shifter boot number 74963-10W00

Can anyone help?

sfmichael

[email protected]

xsdg
Car: 1985 Datsun 720

First thing to try, though it might not pan out:
http://www.nissanpartszone.com/parts/ni ... 10w00.html

I assume there's some cosmetic reason why you need the OEM shift boot? Depending on how ghetto you're willing to go, I've successfully used a duct-taped plastic bag as a shift boot on a race car. You could probably pull a shift boot off any truck at the junkyard and make it work.

sfmichael

thanks for trying to help. may end up going ghetto but wanted to keep it factory. the parts zone didn't have it. I've looked about everywhere. appreciate your input though

john1950
Car: 1984 Nissan 720 KC 4x4

Just got a shift boot from them. It was the one that goes on the transmission its self. If for the inside, try ebay, a guy makes replacements for the leather looking ones.

sfmichael

thanks again john. the boot I need is the one that seals the shifter from the outside elements. there's actually 3 boots on these trucks. a small one on the shifter where it connects to the transmission, the next one that mounts to the metal floor of the passenger compartment and slides over the shifter to seal air/heat/cold from coming inside the truck (the one I need), and then the decorative/simulated leather ones that make the truck look good. I have a new one of the decorative one, I just would really like to find a factory replacement for the rubber one underneath it. I've tried eBay and everywhere I can think of. A guy posted here a couple years ago that has a brand new (NOS) one along with lots of other 620/720 parts but I have been unable to contact him. I think the small one you just bought is still available from Nissan. Wish I knew a Nissan parts guru - someone could probably find this or something close if they really knew Nissan parts. :-/

Gr8Guyn08
Car: 1983 Nissan 720 4X4 Sport Truck

I know this is a very old thread and the OP has probably solved his problem. But someone else may be in need of the same shift boot. I came across someone on eBay that sells new reproduction of this boot. They were located in Thailand, I am guessing that 720 trucks are popular in Thailand.

Return to “Datsun 720”