any good 240 shops in SC?

Including AR, LA, MS, AL, FL, GA, SC, and NC
rfcimports

Just moved in the area and was wondering if there are any good 240 shops (for swaps and car work)? Thanks for the help.

E7-S14
Car: ess 14 foo!

There's a Shop in Spartanburg SC. right near Greer called Top Dead Center.They do great work and have good price's

Check out the website @http://TDCauto.com

We also have a local online Forum up, that's been running for over a year now.should check it out and registerhttp://tdcauto.6.forumer.com/index.phpthe forums also linked off the front page of the website

Its a shop I deal with regularly for over a year now

rfcimports

nice, i like it

E7-S14

np man.you should look into making it down to the dyno night on the 30th.

hopefully ill have my car boosted.. my "N/A S14 SR" haand throw it on the dyno then.if not ill be there anyway

S13NismoStyle
Car: 1993 Nissan 240sx Fb

rfcimports wrote:Just moved in the area and was wondering if there are any good 240 shops (for swaps and car work)? Thanks for the help.
Hey, welcome to the forum.There are two shops in the upstate(both in spartanburg) that mess with S-Chasis. Ive never seen TDC's work on 240's, but i know that they do good work. As for the other shop, id never let them work on anything that belongs to me.

But, I just wanted to let you know. If you were willing to go some where that is not a established shop, that I've done plenty of S-Chasis swaps. Whether it be S13, S14, Sr20det, Rb20det, etc. Also, I have done just about every thing you can imagine for the S-Chasis. There are plenty of people on here and in the Upstate that can vouch for the quality of the work.

I can guarantee that no shop around here will do the same quality work for anywhere near the same price.

Let me know if your intrested, Thanks.

-Chris

E7-S14

S13NismoStyle wrote:
-Chris
Hey I'm Kesean Cornish, in Spartanburg. Drives a black s14 w/ n/a SR..do i know you?i try to meet and know all the Nissan/ S-chassis guys in and surrounding the GSP Area.

S13NismoStyle
Car: 1993 Nissan 240sx Fb

yeah i know you kesean. We actually met a while back at one of the tdc dyno nights.

Im the chris that you sent a text message to awhile back. i believe you got my number from mike.

yeah, i have a white sr'ed hatch.

bhowle
Car: S13, S14, TE31

What part of SC are you in?

zache803
Car: Ca18det powered 240sx

armada j spec in lexington, sc. very stand up guy and stands behind his work 100%.

ZUL8ERmark
Car: 2006.5 350z

zache803 wrote:armada j spec in lexington, sc. very stand up guy and stands behind his work 100%.
i wonder who wrote that haha but i do have to agree and has some sick shop cars

airman86

NSP (nissan sports performance) in spartanburg also specializes in the 240sx.

StealthDrifter
Car: 91 Nissan 240sx

NSPerformance is probably the best place to go to in the Spartanburg/Greenville area. The owner, David, is a standup guy who won't screw you over and isn't out to gank you of your last dollar. I've been a customer of his for some time now and I'd trust him with my car before anyone else. He gave me several options on what kind of swap I could do and all of the routes I could take without trying to persuade me into making the most expensive purchase. The quality of work is easily better than any other garage I've ever dealt with. David and his mechanics are the ones that introduced me to the whole turbo import scene beyond what I had read in magazines and saw on tv and they made it a favorable experience. But that's my two cents. I appreciate a shop that treats me like I'm more than just a wallet.

sik240x
Car: 1989 240sx

great shop in columbia,sc on st. andrews road they do alot of sr20 swaps and work on 240's and other tunners. they are called sc auto and performance

their number is 803 731 4070

Spent

Hi fellas,

I'm Hubert, the tuner at Top Dead Center in Spartanburg. We have a 240 sr20det with Turbonetics ball bearing 60-1 tuned on Nistune as our shop drift car. We also have a turbocharged 350z as well. We are very capable of handling all of your needs with our one stop performance/tuning shop so give us a call.

Check out our blogspot for videos and pics of things happening at the shop. http://www.tdcauto.blogspot.com

Realdeal180SX
Car: 2003 Corolla LE

StealthDrifter wrote:NSPerformance is probably the best place to go to in the Spartanburg/Greenville area. The owner, David, is a standup guy who won't screw you over and isn't out to gank you of your last dollar. I've been a customer of his for some time now and I'd trust him with my car before anyone else. He gave me several options on what kind of swap I could do and all of the routes I could take without trying to persuade me into making the most expensive purchase. The quality of work is easily better than any other garage I've ever dealt with. David and his mechanics are the ones that introduced me to the whole turbo import scene beyond what I had read in magazines and saw on tv and they made it a favorable experience. But that's my two cents. I appreciate a shop that treats me like I'm more than just a wallet.
x2 on that. David owns my old 180SX, he's a really cool guy

rbforsale
Car: 92' s13 vert' ka-s

if your in the columbia/lexington area, my freind and i just opened a shop and can handleanything nissan especially s series stuff, we also do custom one off parts if needed, we also do full engine swaps and have accounts with over 36 reputable parts dealers from japan and u s. our shop car where finishing up now is a rhd s13 silvia with a fully built rb26 n1.

-armada j'

rbforsale

StealthDrifter wrote:NSPerformance is probably the best place to go to in the Spartanburg/Greenville area. The owner, David, is a standup guy who won't screw you over and isn't out to gank you of your last dollar. I've been a customer of his for some time now and I'd trust him with my car before anyone else. He gave me several options on what kind of swap I could do and all of the routes I could take without trying to persuade me into making the most expensive purchase. The quality of work is easily better than any other garage I've ever dealt with. David and his mechanics are the ones that introduced me to the whole turbo import scene beyond what I had read in magazines and saw on tv and they made it a favorable experience. But that's my two cents. I appreciate a shop that treats me like I'm more than just a wallet.
not to be putting daves mechanical ability down or his professional reputation.but when i had him do a project car for me it took him 6 months to completethen when i received the car, it ran like crap,overfilled all the fluids, which blew out all my seals. he had to re-wire the harness 3 times. destroyed my ignition system. never inspected the engine before he put it in. and when i asked him what the deal was he said it would be 2 grand more to fix it.i originally wanted a ca swap, he told me it would be cheaper to run an rb 20......right. then the car caught fire numerous times do to wiring failure.i have multiple witnesses.i spent 6 grand on the thing and was happy to take a thousand just to get riid of it! i asked dave if he wanted it, he told me it wasnt worth the 6 grand i was asking for it.

StealthDrifter

You say you're not to be putting david's mechanical ability down or his professional reputation... but you say something like that? First off, let me say that I'm offended because I consider David and his mechanics to be close friends of mine. I know these guys. And I know that it's never taken him six months to complete a swap, nor has he ever returned a car with a swap in any form of crappy condition. I brought my car to them a year ago with a blown motor and they did my swap in 3 days. I got it back at noon on the 4th day because they drove it around to make sure it was in top running condition. Hell, I've had mine for a year and nothing's ever gone wrong with the wiring or the engine. I know a good many people that have cars swapped by David and they're some of the best one's in the area. And anyone that actually knows David, knows that he pays danm good attention to the swaps that he buys and installs. In fact, he's fixed swaps that other people and other shops have screwed up. Now, I told him about what you posted and he's said that he's only done a few RB20 swaps and all of them turned out clean, that he doesn't recall any situation like your's. Also, he'll tell anyone to go for a CA18 before a RB20 if they're on a budget because the CA is more reliable. I know this because he and I had that very same conversation when we talked about what swap I wanted in my car. The things you say, are a complete 180 from anything any of his customers have ever told me. Now, I don't know if your bad mouthing is some lame a** attempt to discredit NSP so that you can try and steal bussiness for your own shop, but if you're going lie, at least make up a lie that's more believable.

rbforsale

i do appologize if i have affended you, really i do. im not trying to steal business either my intentions on my comment where to say that my experience with nspwas not as par as others have claimed. dave is a real stand up guy.but if you remark on the rb20 s13 hatch he did with the auto trans! i guarantee he'll remember. and all the issues that where along side the swap. and again i am sorry.

StealthDrifter

I think I came off a bit too rude. To be fair though, I'm very defensive of my friends, as I'm sure you are with your's. The things is, that the modified import scence has become so treacherous and seperating. I'll be the first to admit that there's a lot of animosity between those conected to certain shops, as well as the division between the automotive makes. You know, the "nissan vs honda" and the "chevy vs ford" things. We all have our connections and our own loyalties. I don't like making accusations, but that was the first impression that I got. I don't know you man, I never met you before but I saw you plug your shop and then say what you said about David. I just left David's shop not even an hour ago and I told him about what you said. He told me that he doesn't remember you, nor has he ever done an automatic RB20 swap. I know a few "David's" in the scene here, are you sure that you're talking about the same guy I am? This could just be a case of mistaken identity.

gnvarnadore
Car: 89 240sx Base Coupe(daily/project) 91 240sx SE Coupe(sold) 92 240sx SE Coupe(sold) 89 240sx Base Hatch(sold) 93 240sx SE Hatch(SOLD!!!)

adam where did yall open the shop? this is gregg, i remember talking to you a long time ago, maybe about 2 years ago and you said yall were planning on opening a shop. anyway i need someone to look over my car as i just put another KA in it and wanna make sure i didnt f anything up. i wish i still had your number to call you when i dropped in the KA but ive been through so many phones that i lost your number.

E7-S14

stealthdrifterdo i know you?names kesean.

ive dealt with David on many occasions w/o problem.everyshop has a bad egg once in a while but what counts is how they handle the problem.

rbforsale

s
gnvarnadore wrote:adam where did yall open the shop? this is gregg, i remember talking to you a long time ago, maybe about 2 years ago and you said yall were planning on opening a shop. anyway i need someone to look over my car as i just put another KA in it and wanna make sure i didnt f anything up. i wish i still had your number to call you when i dropped in the KA but ive been through so many phones that i lost your number.
sure man, not a problem! shop number is 261 9342.

stealth, it is kinda strange he dosent remember. but then again i wouldnt want to remember that car either..but zulatermark was there when i went to pick it up and he can vouch for every thing ive said as can at least 10 other members on here, it was like 5 years ago as well so it would be kindahard to recall. but im more than certain that daves skills have sharpened alot since then as well.

HatchinNissan
Car: S13 hatch

S13NismoStyle wrote:
rfcimports wrote:Just moved in the area and was wondering if there are any good 240 shops (for swaps and car work)? Thanks for the help.
Hey, welcome to the forum.There are two shops in the upstate(both in spartanburg) that mess with S-Chasis. Ive never seen TDC's work on 240's, but i know that they do good work. As for the other shop, id never let them work on anything that belongs to me.

But, I just wanted to let you know. If you were willing to go some where that is not a established shop, that I've done plenty of S-Chasis swaps. Whether it be S13, S14, Sr20det, Rb20det, etc. Also, I have done just about every thing you can imagine for the S-Chasis. There are plenty of people on here and in the Upstate that can vouch for the quality of the work.

I can guarantee that no shop around here will do the same quality work for anywhere near the same price.

Let me know if your intrested, Thanks.

-Chris

Where are you located chris?

Return to “Southeast Region”